Took Step 1 1/24.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darkmansaad

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ey I took the step 1 today...just wanted to post general experience

Lots of path especially Renal and Cardio some reason.
Pharm was also straightforward, no real crazyness
Behavioral was wat i expected, 2 or 3 per block fairly simple
Biochem you either knew the disease or you didnt, but lots of questions here I was like huh? like super molec bio,
Immuno was stressed more than I thought it woulda been....any questions feel free to IM me ill let u know more or everything i know haha but im tired

oh yeah
and there were innumerable questions word for word out of FA 2007, that I just glanced over while reading and happened to be tested on. I cannot emphasize more for FA, if i had another week i felt i woulda locked this test down completely; with embryology it was almost ridic how much was out of FA.

Overall, I felt confident, 35 questions out of a block i felt i answered rapidly, another 10 i had to spend time on and narrow the choices down to a 1 in 2 or 1 in 3....the other 5 were like from outer space experimentals (like what is the minimum sunscreen recommendation...im dark skinned i've never used sunscreen so i have no freakin clue )

hope that helps, sorry for rambling

Members don't see this ad.

When you say 'questions straight out of FA' do you mean the FA Q&A book or just phrases straight from the FA book? I'm just getting into my FA, but the only real questions I see are in the unit intros.

haha both
like random lines out of first aid were answers to a lot of questions. almost all hard ones actually