Took the DAT yesterday

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Borisone

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my first posting. I have been reading a lot of stuff here, so I want to give something back.

My scores:
Orgo 22
Gen Chem 22
Bio 19
PAT 21
Read. Comp 21
Math 21

Books I used to study:

I only took bio 1 in college, so I had to learn bio 2 on my own. I used the Kaplan book for that. Not great, but OK. They fly through topics, not concentrating on anything.

The PAT in Kaplan was OK. Slightly simplified- DAT was tougher, especially the angles. They looked almost identical.

For Orgo and Gen chem and a review of Bio I used DAT Destroyer. That was something. I actually learned things I did not know or understood after taking the classes in college. Very impressed.

I did some Achiever. That was ok, but only for practice. Did not learn anything. PAT was very simple. Dont count on it like that.

Biggest advice: Practice! You have plenty of time IF you know what you are doing. I still dont know where I nade the mistakes.

Good Luck

Members don't see this ad.

So you thought the PAT section on Achiever was easy compared to the real thing?? Most people have said the opposite, but that is interesting!

soontobe2007 said:
So you thought the PAT section on Achiever was easy compared to the real thing?? Most people have said the opposite, but that is interesting!

In my opinion, angles and aperture passing are easier than Achiever. Top/front/end is slightly easier but it was still tough, not so many crazy shapes as Achiever. The last section (folding shapes into screen) I don't remember if it was harder or easier.