took the DAT yesterday

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marline

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi , this is my first time posting ( from Michigan). i just took the DAT yesterday and i also, had a picture of blood cells on the bio section. i studied for the exam for 4 months ( i am also a wife and a mother of one child).
my scores are

Bio: 20
OC: 20
GC: 20
PAT: 19
QR: 15
RC:16

well, the science section was much easier than i expected. i didn't study a lot for QR, and the questions were hard, althogh i got A's in my math classes. English is my second language and i only practiced a little for that section.
what do you think of my scores?.
i am a little optimistic that i could get accepted for this year at UDM, they take much longer than other schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty solid science section. My only concern would be the RC score and QR score. Normally a 15 QR score is no big deal but it might hurt you with the RC. I think you have a good shot plus dental schools love parents (the greatest extracurricular out there!) I wish you the best!

Hi , this is my first time posting ( from Michigan). i just took the DAT yesterday and i also, had a picture of blood cells on the bio section. i studied for the exam for 4 months ( i am also a wife and a mother of one child).
my scores are

Bio: 20
OC: 20
GC: 20
PAT: 19
QR: 15
RC:16

well, the science section was much easier than i expected. i didn't study a lot for QR, and the questions were hard, althogh i got A's in my math classes. English is my second language and i only practiced a little for that section.
what do you think of my scores?.
i am a little optimistic that i could get accepted for this year at UDM, they take much longer than other schools.
Could you please tell me which books or outlines did you used to study? Thx

thank you and good luck to you too.

for studying i used a MCAT kaplan reviw for biology plus refering to Campbell, also, DAT destroyer, topscore and orgoman by dr. jim romano. i regret spending so much time with the last book b/c he goes so deep into orgo, and the exam was not neer that hard. my advice is to study from a good breif biology book. the MCAT biology review helped me a lot. for the PAT i used a CD called crack the DAT PAT.
hope that helps , good luck