Took the DAT.......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

a few weeks ago, but I've been busy. Here are the scores.....

PA: 21 (93 percentile):thumbup:
QR: 16 (50.9) :thumbdown:
RC: 20 (66) :(
Bio: 19 (75.3) :oops:
Gen Chem: 19 (70.7) :cool:
Org Chem: 27 (98.2) :thumbup:
TS: 21 (91.3) :)
AA: 20 (84.0) :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I heard a lot of people in SDN saying that not many schools weigh a lot on QR section, unless they have cut off score.

a few weeks ago, but I've been busy. Here are the scores.....

PA: 21 (93 percentile):thumbup:
QR: 16 (50.9) :thumbdown:
RC: 20 (66) :(
Bio: 19 (75.3) :oops:
Gen Chem: 19 (70.7) :cool:
Org Chem: 27 (98.2) :thumbup:
TS: 21 (91.3) :)
AA: 20 (84.0) :cool:

Now I'm a chemistry major too, if you're a chem major you know that half that gen chem crap you don't even study after the first two classes it is mostly organic chem after that, depending on what electives you take. I hear that some schools only accept you if you have a certain minimum score in EVERY single section. I hope this isn't true because that ****ing QR just screwed me over. Gimme feedback. Thanks!

Great Organic Chem score. If you don't mind me asking, how did you study for it? I know you're a chem major so I bet that helped. Organic Chemistry is my biggest fear and just wondering what techniques you used to study..

Great Organic Chem score. If you don't mind me asking, how did you study for it? I know you're a chem major so I bet that helped. Organic Chemistry is my biggest fear and just wondering what techniques you used to study..

Congrats on the good scores!

To Lindell, I scored a 27 on genchm and orgo on the dat. I started off with a diagnostic orgo score of 12 and studied for 3 months. My key to success was Dr. Romanos Organic Odyssey and Dat Destroyer!

Members don't see this ad :)

Honestly you have to think about the mechanisms, there are only a limited number of basic mechanisms which can be used for hundreds of reactions. Know the basic trends, also I donno if this has anything to do with it but organic chemistry was the last thing I studied and fully reviewed. Bio was the first thing I studied and I spent about 3 weeks on that alone and I didn't do nearly as well as I thought. It is just mad information, or maybe it is just how my mind works.

Last edited:
Those are great scores! Don't be worried at all! The schools have seen that the QR is unreliable this year. With only slightly higher scores and an unimpressive GPA: I have interviews at my #3 and #4 schools, a 2ndary app request from my #2, and #1 should call any day. If the rest of your app is as good as your scores, you'll get lots of invites.