Top 25 Ranked Medical Schools: Rank, Cost & Enrollment 2012-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Astra

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Note: I did not make this graph. I found it on r/premed and figured you guys would be interested.

( Tuition is in state)

For those interest in the top 75 schools, link: imgur . com/a/1wRu9

ZGRyPra.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Why is the total enrollment scale so weird haha

EDIT: just kidding i was thinking class size not total enrollment

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Private school tuition inflation >> state school tuition inflation, and the top 20 schools are fairly stable in ranking are the two takeaways I got from this.

Aldo this was definitely made with ggplot2, once again showing why ggplot2 is a great graphics package

This is like, one of the most horrific ways possible to present this data omg I hate it

Reactions: 3 users
This is like, one of the most horrific ways possible to present this data omg I hate it

I liked it... Very colorful and straightforward

I liked it... Very colorful and straightforward
Ew no

Straightforward would be something like this:

usnwr-ranks.png

and color/size is just not a great way to convey those other data, the straightforward approach would be just a table for that

Don't get me wrong I always enjoy this kind of stuff...it's just not nearly as easy to read as a nice table you can scan along with exact values

Reactions: 2 users
I might rebuild the above table for 2007-2017 if webarchive goes that far back actually

Ew no

Straightforward would be something like this:

usnwr-ranks.png

and color/size is just not a great way to convey those other data, the straightforward approach would be just a table for that

Don't get me wrong I always enjoy this kind of stuff...it's just not nearly as easy to read as a nice table you can scan along with exact values

zoolander-for-ants-what-is-this-a-table-for-ants.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
I might rebuild the above table for 2007-2017 if webarchive goes that far back actually

It definitely does. I made a similar table going back to 2003 for a set of arbitrary schools I was interested in.

upload_2017-3-17_15-49-22.png

Last edited: