Top 3 Text Books as OMSI you did not or cannot live without

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Great responses. keep them coming. Any recommended texts for microbiology and Histology?

Members don't see this ad.

Micro made ridiculously simple.

Histo: I spent hours on the web looking at tons of slides that had a key.

So far:
Netter
RR Path
Wheater's if you need help in histology

Everything else-Wikipedia

Members don't see this ad :)
BEST:
1) Netters CARDS -didn't even bother with text
2) First Aid
3) Savarese

Worst:
1) Foundations of Osteo... - I only own this big green monster for tradition...and as a formidible weapon when the zombies arise.
2) Guyton - I'm pretty sure that everyone gets a copy of this entering the 7th ring of Hell

Micro made ridiculously simple.

Histo: I spent hours on the web looking at tons of slides that had a key.

This book is a classic....don't be dumb and not buy/use it. (including for boards)
also...FIRST AID 2008-Never too early to start. Follow along with you class work and add your own notes so when it comes down to board study, you have all you need and you can kill the exam. Just my 2 cents.

Worst:
1) Foundations of Osteo... - I only own this big green monster for tradition...and as a formidible weapon when the zombies arise.
2) Guyton - I'm pretty sure that everyone gets a copy of this entering the 7th ring of Hell

:lol:

Anything useful for embryology, or will the course packet and the internet be sufficient?

I only ask because I am told that this will be in my first semester (I think we're actually on trimesters)

Anything useful for embryology, or will the course packet and the internet be sufficient?

I only ask because I am told that this will be in my first semester (I think we're actually on trimesters)
Larsen's Human embryology is a great embryo text book. I wouldn't waste my money on it though. Just use class notes/lectures/internet/books checked out from library to learn embryo. It is not that high yield of a subject.

Rohen's.
BRS Phys
Goljan Path

And a whole host of internet web sites - specifically ones for histology.
What histology websites would you recommend?

Larsen's Human embryology is a great embryo text book. I wouldn't waste my money on it though. Just use class notes/lectures/internet/books checked out from library to learn embryo. It is not that high yield of a subject.
Thanks. I'll keep my eyes open for a cheap one, but I won't sweat it if I can't find one.

if I had to pick 3
1. thieme 3 atlas anatomy series
2. brs physio
3. Step 1 USMLE First Aid 2008

ok
i really like micro made ridicously easy
dave

I've skimmed through the micro made ridiculously easy, and that is a pretty sweet book. Some of the cartoons are hard to forget.

I think that might be the first time I've heard great and embryo used in the same sentence.

I have decided to buy netter's, rohen's, BRS anatomy and physiology and Lippincott biochem. Am i missing something?

I think micro made ridiculously simple is a good resource, but has anyone else noticed that Edition 4's index does not match up with any of the pages? It's pretty annoying.