Top 4 Carib Med School on Step 1 Pass/Fail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WilCox

Reaction score
Can any top 4 carib medical school current students or recent grads give their take on the Step 1 becoming pass/fail. How will that impact IMGs from top 4 carib medical schools? As I see it, the reputation of the medical school becomes more important and by that logic this should benefit the top 4 carib medical graduates. Is this true?

Members don't see this ad.

Can any top 4 carib medical school current students or recent grads give their take on the Step 1 becoming pass/fail. How will that impact IMGs from top 4 carib medical schools? As I see it, the reputation of the medical school becomes more important and by that logic this should benefit the top 4 carib medical graduates. Is this true?
You have it partly right in that reputation of school matters more now. But unfortunately top 4 carib school still have the worst possible rep compared to any US med school.

Traditionally the only way to “prove” yourself with a subpar medical education is by scoring highly on standardized exams compared to US students, but that’s no longer an option.

It will make it vastly more difficult than it already is to match competitive specialties but I personally don't think it'll really affect the bulk of the primary care matches for the big 3. CK will hold a lot more weight now and getting into more competitive programs even in primary care specialties will get tough so there will be a bigger lenience on community programs.

Reactions: 1 users