Top 5 Hardest Pharmacy Schools to get into?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

evilolive

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would think schools like Albany would be competitive since they do'nt do interviews and such.. so they would be more numbers based correct?

UCSF on the other hand I think, its definately one of the hardest schools to get into, but they offer more flexibility. You don't have to have a 3.7+, they look for well rounded students so you can be a little weak in one area as long as you are awesome in the others.

UCSD. Average GPA for the class of 2010 is 3.67.

DEFINITELY, without a doubt, the University of Pittsburgh. Average GPA to typically considered=3.8 and AT LEAST 70 PCAT!

Lactrice424 said:
DEFINITELY, without a doubt, the University of Pittsburgh. Average GPA to typically considered=3.8 and AT LEAST 70 PCAT!

Was that sarcasm? I couldn't tell. Wasn't UGA or UF averaging in the 90s for the PCAT?

william4930 said:
UCSD. Average GPA for the class of 2010 is 3.67.

ucsd has to be #1 considering they only accept like 26 students. i've heard ppl getting in everywhere to the most prestigious schools and not get into ucsd.

evilolive said:
Was that sarcasm? I couldn't tell. Wasn't UGA or UF averaging in the 90s for the PCAT?

Based on last year's stat for UGA, the average were GPA=3.6-3.7 and PCAT=96.

LiliaKT said:
ucsd has to be #1 considering they only accept like 26 students. i've heard ppl getting in everywhere to the most prestigious schools and not get into ucsd.
ucsd's pharmacy class is now 60 people per entering class. in the first couple of years, the entering class was 30-45 as they were being accredited. (their website isn't updated correctly concerning the number of students.) the gpa is correct, however.

oy! I forgot about UCSD.. I'm not even applying there anymore.