TOp-Front, End views.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DAT-Scared

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I have been studying for quite a while now, but it seems like i can't get top-frotn-end views correct. is there any advice that somehow i can get through this section????
please help me get these right.....
Thanks alot, :confused: :confused: :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm about to start studying for the DATs and I would say that the top-front-end view portion is the second hardest portion of the PAT (the one where you take flat portions and make them 3D are the hardest). I don't know if you have taken a drafting class at any point during life (I have and it really helps, since you are basically drawing what you see in the questions), but what I can say is start from either the top or the end pictures. Try understanding what you are looking at and then use the front picture to formulate what is not given. Take advantage of the fact that you don't have rotate anything like the 2D to 3D formations.

I don't know if that is much help... I haven't started studying yet but I'll try helping once I do.

No way....angle ranking is by far the hardest because you may actually need to take a guess on that section (yeah, it's easy on the practice exams...wait till the real exam). I don't know why so many people have trouble with T-F-E section. Just count the lines, and try to visualize it in a 3D perspective.

can you expound on "counting the lines"? i can figure it but it takes me way to much time...i need to find short cuts to make it quicker...thanks!!

clemsontigers said:
can you expound on "counting the lines"? i can figure it but it takes me way to much time...i need to find short cuts to make it quicker...thanks!!

Barron's talks about how to count the lines. You should just go to a bookstore and just copy that stuff down. counting the lines really makes a big difference