You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Top neuroradiology fellowships
Started by DrKazarShabam
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Thanks for the answer - I think this is very true.
What are your thoughts on 2 year fellowships or double fellowships?
What are your thoughts on 2 year fellowships or double fellowships?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the answer - I think this is very true.
What are your thoughts on 2 year fellowships or double fellowships?
If you want to join academics, it is a good idea.
Are you a resident now?
Yes, PGY-1. What are the most marketable double-fellowship combos?If you want to join academics, it is a good idea.
Are you a resident now?
Yes, PGY-1. What are the most marketable double-fellowship combos?
What's the point of doing double-fellowship?
What's the point of doing double-fellowship?
Is a Double Fellowship the New Standard in Radiology? | Diagnostic Imaging
No. It is not.
I am not sure you are a resident because you can ask the fellows in your program that how many fellowship they do.
Two fellowships are not the standard. period. The article belongs to Oct 2014. I can also find an article from 1970s that says CT takes 40 minutes to do.
Anyway, you are not clear about your questions. Just asking some "random" questions on a website is not going to help anybody.
I am aware that double fellowships are not the norm. The article raised some good points such as competitive job market in desirable locations. I am aware that it was written in 2014 and the job market landscape shifts from year to year.No. It is not.
I am not sure you are a resident because you can ask the fellows in your program that how many fellowship they do.
Two fellowships are not the standard. period. The article belongs to Oct 2014. I can also find an article from 1970s that says CT takes 40 minutes to do.
Anyway, you are not clear about your questions. Just asking some "random" questions on a website is not going to help anybody.
This was a serious question; I‘m asking because I‘m interested in both neuro and MSK.
And as I stated earlier, I am a resident. My radiology program is not at my current institution.
I am aware that double fellowships are not the norm. The article raised some good points such as competitive job market in desirable locations. I am aware that it was written in 2014 and the job market landscape shifts from year to year.
This was a serious question; I‘m asking because I‘m interested in both neuro and MSK.
And as I stated earlier, I am a resident. My radiology program is not at my current institution.
My recommendation:
Start your residency unbiased and decided what you want to do later. You never know. You may like Body imaging more than Neuro or MSK if you do it. IMO, you are deciding too fast before having enough experience.
Doing both is overkill. Choose one and then learn the other one as you go. Even if you join a generalist group, still it will be unlikely that you will do both. Even in generalist groups, there is some level of subspecialization.
I’m sure academic folks would love everyone doing two fellowships. Double the attending call they can turf to fellows!
You could probably find an MR fellowship where you get to read MSK, Neuro, Body, breast....
I have a friend who did two fellowships and she landed a job similar to mine. I only did one fellowship.
Keep in mind, the job market was a little tighter in 2013-2014, so people may have been doing more than one fellowship because that was the only way to be employed for a year.
I have a friend who did two fellowships and she landed a job similar to mine. I only did one fellowship.
Keep in mind, the job market was a little tighter in 2013-2014, so people may have been doing more than one fellowship because that was the only way to be employed for a year.
Similar threads
D
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 5K