Top neuroradiology fellowships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrKazarShabam

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the top neuroradiology programs? Is there a resource like doximity (imperfect, I know) for fellowships?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think when you get to fellowship level it's more about where you want to live than where you train. The best neuroradiology program is the one that places its graduates in the location you want to work.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for the answer - I think this is very true.

What are your thoughts on 2 year fellowships or double fellowships?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the answer - I think this is very true.

What are your thoughts on 2 year fellowships or double fellowships?

If you want to join academics, it is a good idea.

Are you a resident now?

No. It is not.

I am not sure you are a resident because you can ask the fellows in your program that how many fellowship they do.

Two fellowships are not the standard. period. The article belongs to Oct 2014. I can also find an article from 1970s that says CT takes 40 minutes to do.

Anyway, you are not clear about your questions. Just asking some "random" questions on a website is not going to help anybody.

No. It is not.

I am not sure you are a resident because you can ask the fellows in your program that how many fellowship they do.

Two fellowships are not the standard. period. The article belongs to Oct 2014. I can also find an article from 1970s that says CT takes 40 minutes to do.

Anyway, you are not clear about your questions. Just asking some "random" questions on a website is not going to help anybody.
I am aware that double fellowships are not the norm. The article raised some good points such as competitive job market in desirable locations. I am aware that it was written in 2014 and the job market landscape shifts from year to year.

This was a serious question; I‘m asking because I‘m interested in both neuro and MSK.

And as I stated earlier, I am a resident. My radiology program is not at my current institution.

I am aware that double fellowships are not the norm. The article raised some good points such as competitive job market in desirable locations. I am aware that it was written in 2014 and the job market landscape shifts from year to year.

This was a serious question; I‘m asking because I‘m interested in both neuro and MSK.

And as I stated earlier, I am a resident. My radiology program is not at my current institution.

My recommendation:

Start your residency unbiased and decided what you want to do later. You never know. You may like Body imaging more than Neuro or MSK if you do it. IMO, you are deciding too fast before having enough experience.

Doing both is overkill. Choose one and then learn the other one as you go. Even if you join a generalist group, still it will be unlikely that you will do both. Even in generalist groups, there is some level of subspecialization.

I’m sure academic folks would love everyone doing two fellowships. Double the attending call they can turf to fellows!

Reactions: 1 users
You could probably find an MR fellowship where you get to read MSK, Neuro, Body, breast....

I have a friend who did two fellowships and she landed a job similar to mine. I only did one fellowship.

Keep in mind, the job market was a little tighter in 2013-2014, so people may have been doing more than one fellowship because that was the only way to be employed for a year.

Reactions: 1 user