top score results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shareshab

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have a test in two days , i finished top score test but i got : bio 19 chem 15 , ochem 16 :( second one : bio 17 , chem 16 , o chem 17 . and the third one : bio 16 , chem 15 , ochem 19 , i am so :scared: do i have any chance to get better on future test ????

Members don't see this ad.

i have a test in two days , i finished top score test but i got : bio 19 chem 15 , ochem 16 :( second one : bio 17 , chem 16 , o chem 17 . and the third one : bio 16 , chem 15 , ochem 19 , i am so :scared: do i have any chance to get better on future test ????

Reschedule if you don't feel comfortable? Better to be ready, then wait another 90 days. Besides if you reschedule, you can still take it end of May and have it done before the application starts. If you do bad then, then you will have to wait until August, which is kind of bad though.

You usually do a little better on the real exam I think, but a 15-16 in general chemistry shows you aren't really ready?

You have to re-schedule 2 days before your exam, and pay like a $25 fee. If you re-schedule 1 day before then you have to pay the full $200 again, I think. So think about it...

Maybe someone else can give their opinion too.

ya know, im one of the few folks around SDN who says that practice tests aren't really indicative of how you'll really perform on the real deal

However, your situation is a little strange. Your scoring too low on the sciences. I mean I can understand if you were getting 17's and 18's... but less than 17's (to me) would mean that you haven't grasped the content very well

I don't wanna tell you what to do, but my advice would be to reschedule the test until your more comfortable with the sciences (especially general chemistry)

You should def consider rescheduling. Those scores from topscore arent 100% accurate but I think Topscore does somewhat predict how well prepared you are for the test. A score of 18 -19 or above in all sections of topscore will probably be a better indicator...

Members don't see this ad :)
:(but the main reason that i got these scores was becasuse of miscalculations or misunderstanding the question other wise i would get around 18-19 on all science

For my version of DAT, it was simiar difficulty level, but different types of questions. I had only few diversity questions and many questions were based on conceptual thinking. I thought I did bad, but showed better score than the topscores. I think it was scaled diffrently. I wouldn't get stress from topscores' result because they don't usually reflect the real score. however, you still need to do as many as possible in order to build your stammina and not to get so frustrated when you encounter a WTF question.
good luck!

For my version of DAT, it was simiar difficulty level, but different types of questions. I had only few diversity questions and many questions were based on conceptual thinking. I thought I did bad, but showed better score than the topscores. I think it was scaled diffrently. I wouldn't get stress from topscores' result because they don't usually reflect the real score. however, you still need to do as many as possible in order to build your stammina and not to get so frustrated when you encounter a WTF question.
good luck!

thanks alot i think you are right , i feel really ready ,especially for science part i will do my best on umcoming test

:(but the main reason that i got these scores was becasuse of miscalculations or misunderstanding the question other wise i would get around 18-19 on all science

If this is how you feel then you shouldn't be asking on here if you are ready. If you are getting those scores but feel you understand the concepts, then you are more ready than someone that gets those scores due to not understanding. However, remember, "misunderstanding the question" might affect you on the real DAT too.