1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Top Score vs Real DAT - Done 8/12

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by ace6248, Aug 12, 2011.

1. ace6248

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I thought id give everyone my comparison between topscore and the real dat. I have studied for the past 10 weeks, starting 6 hrs a day then to 10 hrs a day, took all 5 achiever tests, 3 topscore tests, and 2009 ada test.

Real dat: PA/QR/RC/B/GC/OC/TS/AA
    22/18/19/21/20/23/21/20

On topscore I consistently scored average 18-20 on the sciences, average 19 QR, 22 RC, and 23 PA. Sciences will go up!! Definitely easier and more straightforward than the practice tests. I found by taking all these tests, I was not as nervous for the real thing. RC/QR and PA will all go down I think an average of 2pts. Also, I straight memorized the entire Kaplan book, very helpful in combination to reviewing old class notes to supplement areas lacking.

Took the 2009 practice test 4 days before the real thing:

21/18/19/18/18/19/18/?

found it was similar but harder in the sciences, thank god.

DAT achiever was extremely harsh to me, average 15-17s and was straight demoralizing. It was a very good study tool but doesn't compare to the real thing.

Goodluck everyone

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.