Topical Muscle-Relaxants or Nerve-Signal Inducers???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

metaprog

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im curious as to whether such a topical cream exists...preferably something localized that works directly at the neuro-muscular junction? I abused several neuroactive substances in the past and a side-effect that has persisted for the last 4 years is a very subconscious tendency of mine to hold my genital area, lower abdominal area and anal-sphincter muscle constantly tense. It severely affects my breathing, digestion, libido and leads to constant fatigue. I am 26 and often feel like a 70-yr. old man. I am not overweight, eat healthy and exercise as much as my condition allows me to.

I am often successful in having these areas relax. They seem to be very interconnected because relaxing one usually triggers the rest of the area to relax and the flow of energy that results happens within 10 seconds of relaxation and is something I feel immediately. The condition is psychosomatic in origin and I see two possible solutions...1.) taking a CNS relaxant or a sympathetic NS antagonist/para-symp. agonist (which ive done but sedation is usually a bad side-effect) or 2.) finding a topical muscle-relaxant or a cream that can "activate" these nerves/muscles to "let go".

Does any such cream or gel exist? I did try a topical vasodilator (much like the ones that are recommended for men with ED) to no avail. Ive tried OTC analgesics, again to no avail. Please anyone's help would be greatly greatly appreciated. This is an affliction that has gotten better over time but still persists and affects my daily life and almost every basic function of my mind/body, primarily breathing. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, but we are unable to give medical advice on this forum. The moderators will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this permitted...

Just wondering if such a product exists. I am not seeking medical or pharmaceutical advice. The background information I gave was simply for context. I am not seeking advice or guidance or a diagnosis. I just want to know if such a product exists...

Members don't see this ad :)
If you go to a specialty compounding pharmacy, you could get a variety of meds compounded into topical form... carisoprodol or diazepam PLO gel. These formulations lead to local delivery so systemic side effects should be minimal.

Whether this would be appropriate or effective for your specific case... I have no idea.

Thank you for the info. I was uncertain whether a topical benzo would even be absorbed/effective on a localized basis. I will look into it with my doctor...thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.