Topics for Lunch and Learns

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unchockey21

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What kinds of lunch lecture topics have you used that have been well received with PCPs? I need to give a lecture during fellowship and I'd like to work on something I can use again for marketing in a few months.

Members don't see this ad.

Run through a couple of cases on how you would treat a patient with acute pain versus chronic pain and define the two. Then do the same with neuropathic pain and nociceptive pain. Then review your state's PDMP requirements and CDC guidelines. Super basic right, they need this info.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Evaluation of a patient with back pain. If they can understand diff between radicular and axial pain. That's a good start.

Members don't see this ad :)
indications for opioids.

I think a lecture on tapering opioids would be helpful, since right now all they do is refer to pain to taper. could learn to do it on their own!

Reactions: 1 users
a lecture on "how to follow the CDC guidelines"
a talk on what are problematic signs of addiction and how to document what interventions the prescriber is going to do.

a talk on other options for pain management that are not primarily opioid or interventional.

a candid discussion on the type of patients you the pain doctor would love to help out with, including how the pain doctor could help the PCP with problematic opioid patients.

Reactions: 1 users
Opioid prescribing bench-marking. How this will effect your practice come 2019 and how to prepare for it. See page 10 of the attached.

Attachments

• CMS-Opioid-Misuse-Strategy-2016.pdf
    818.9 KB · Views: 103
will be sharing that info with our PCPs 101N, thanks for posting it