Topscore 1- BIO- wrong explanation???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JustwantDDS

DrAMG
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
#18 TS 1

its says the anterior pituitary contains GH prolaction TSH MSH GnRH ACTH
and the posterior pituitary contains oxytocin, ADH

umm this is sort of wrong

Anterior Pit- FLAT PEG

FSH
LH
ACTH
TSH

= all are TROPIC hormones
Prolaction
Endorphins
GH

= all are DIRECT hormones

not GnRH----------thats from the hypothalamus (& stimulates release of FSH/LH)

Post Pit: oxytocin/ADH(vassopresin) -- stored / released here but MADE in hypothalamus

righttttttttttt?

Members don't see this ad.

Yea, the anterior pituitary part is wrong, but the posterior is correct. Remember that the posterior pituitary doesn't synthesize these, the hypothal. does and they are just stored in the posterior pituitary. I wonder how many other mistakes Topscore has?

Edit: Whoops, didn't see the bottom part of your post. Your right on track.

Members don't see this ad :)
This information isn't contained in Cliff's. Dangit, I now know what people mean when they say Cliff's is lacking in the Physio portions. What the heck should I use?

This information isn't contained in Cliff's. Dangit, I now know what people mean when they say Cliff's is lacking in the Physio portions. What the heck should I use?

It is in Cliff's..but yes it does lack a bit for physio sections. I'm supplementing with KBB and DATQVault.

It is in Cliff's..but yes it does lack a bit for physio sections. I'm supplementing with KBB and DATQVault.

Are you sure? I just re-read the Animal Physio chapter again yesterday and I only recall reading minor details in regards to Post/Ant Pituitary glands. Could you reference the page number for me? I'd really appreciate it.

And yea, I'm using DATQVault and Destroyer as well. I adore DATQVault, what an innovative site for us.

I agree with jwnichols. Cliff's is a great book just for the basics, but you def. need to supplement with some other texts, just because the bio section is random as shiznit. I have three other books on top of Cliffs.

Are you sure? I just re-read the Animal Physio chapter again yesterday and I only recall reading minor details in regards to Post/Ant Pituitary glands. Could you reference the page number for me? I'd really appreciate it.

And yea, I'm using DATQVault and Destroyer as well. I adore DATQVault, what an innovative site for us.

My bad..you're right. I had to really consult KBB yesterday when I was reviewing the Endocrine System. I also made flashcards for them because it's like one of the hardest things for me to remember, for some reason.

I am also doing Destroyer Bio..slowly but surely. I hesitate to focus on it too much b/c of its randomness, but you can learn some things from it.

Dat Q Vault for the win!! Get the $20 subscription.