topscore, crack dat pat, achiever

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marymatthews

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
of the three materials: topscore, crack dat pat, and DAT achiever, which are the most beneficial and most realistic to use?
How should one incorporate these materials in his or her studying routine? Is it necessary to purchase and use all three materials? What are the differences between the materials?
etc.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I would go with Topscore and Crack DAT PAT... if you search SDN for topscore vs achiever, you'll come up with a plethora of information on why most people go with Topscore (Achiever just seems to be unrealistic in gauging your scores). As far as CDP, unless you're just a whiz with PAT... this is a must buy. I went with the 10 test version, but I thought that was overkill so I would recommend buying the 5 test version.

As far as how I used them... I went through pretty much all of my kaplan resources and Destroyer before I started using Topscore (about 3 weeks before my exam) and then did one practice test per week until the big day. I then went through each test and reevaluated my studying based on how I did on each section.

Are all three softwares compatible with windows 7?
How do I run them on windows 7?
thanks

I can't speak about the Windows 7 question, but I would suggest TopScore. I didn't get time to do Achiever, but I have heard countless stories of Achiever being way too tough compared to the real thing and making people pretty depressed and thinking they were going to get rocked. I thought the actual PAT portion was really similar to the drawings in TopScore.

Members don't see this ad :)
Shouldnt you take these tests after you are done studying?
You need to master the material first in order to see how you would really do on the exams... right?

You don't necessarily have to master each area before taking the tests.

You can even retake things.

Unless you have really good memory and can memorize answers then its safe that you can take 1 topscore exam a complete or even a certain section to gauge your strength/weakness.

with CDP at least with the 10 test version(I assume its the same with others) you can randomize tests. Where they pull questions from all their tests and generates you one.

Obviously you shoudl take a break between tests to "forget" the questions. If you take them back to back its much easier to recall the question and answer from before.

All the programs should work on Windows 7. You run it like any other program. They are very basic programs. You're very unlikely to have compatibility issues.

Do Crack DAT PAT and Achiever work on Mac? I heard a lot of ppl say that they only work on Windows..?!