TopScore gen chem calcs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

txlonghorn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else think that the calculations on TS are dumb and too detailed? They are so close and take up so much time. Will the DAT have that many calcs? I look 45 minutes for the genchem section!!! Also, on my summary score report it said I got 6 wrong, but on the detailed report it states I missed 5? Same for ochem. It seems be counting an extra question off.

Also, please look at question 55 for gen chem. It states what will adding heat do to the rxn. The answer states that it will **** it to the left, as it is exothermic. The problem is that the reaction is NOT written as being reversible.

Members don't see this ad.

if you're referring to the 2nd topscore test, i had the same problem. i just started the timer over again and finished the test because i knew how to do the last few problems.

Do you agree with question number 55? I think it is wrong. It states the following:

A + B ----> C ΔH = -XYZ

What would happen if the temp was increased?

I said nothing, cause the reaction as written proceeds only to the right.

Do you agree with question number 55? I think it is wrong. It states the following:

A + B ----> C ΔH = -XYZ

What would happen if the temp was increased?

I said nothing, cause the reaction as written proceeds only to the right.

wow i didn't even catch that, whether its reversible or not...i answered to the left assuming its reviersible. I figured they would mention that in the question, as ive seen chem questions refer to a rxn as being reversible or not before...its good to be alert like that tho, although idk how the wording or questions will be on dat.

Is the real dat tricky? in that sense where they wont mention if its reversible or not and we have to catch it from the yielding arrow lol?!?!

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think the dat will be tricky like that. I sent topscore an email about this. I also requesting $20 for finding an error as they mention on their site, but those cheapos are like
I need a letter from a professor and blah blah blah.

I don't think the dat will be tricky like that. I sent topscore an email about this. I also requesting $20 for finding an error as they mention on their site, but those cheapos are like
I need a letter from a professor and blah blah blah.

awesome and yeah theyre asses i remember sending them a pissed off email as to why it doesnt work on a mac lol and their format is so ghetto in the ms office app lolol