Topscore or Achiever?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tooth_hurty

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there's posts asking this same question but they all seem to be older threads. I wanted to get updated feedback since the DAT changes over time.

For anyone that's had experience with one or both of these resources, which would you recommend and why?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I feel like Topscore's PAT is way too easy, but I think their Sciences, RC, and QR are pretty good. I haven't dabbled in Achiever too much, but the PAT for that is just... so hard. :/

I just took my DAT this monday. I used topscore and found that the sciences and reading were just a bit harder than the real thing, the QR was pretty representative and the PAT was just a bit easier if not the same. A lot of people say topscores PAT is way too easy but my last practice exam i got a 23 PAT and got the same score on the exam. In terms of PAT I feel that you should come into the exam being confident that you can get a 15/15 on hole punching and cube counting (in my opinion they are the 2 sections that you can perfect because you can use the scratch paper to your advantage). Other than that, the keyholes, top front ends and angels weren't too hard. I had the most trouble with pattern folding. PAT is all about working as many problems as possible and getting comfortable with doing them quickly.

I think Topscore is reasonably priced and is pretty good for practice! Didn't use Achiever.