1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Topscore PAT

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by SMC2UCLA2_, Nov 17, 2005.

1. SMC2UCLA2_

SMC2UCLA2_ Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Topscore's PAT is seriously easy. Anyway ive heard some people mention skipping the top front end questions and/or aperture passing questions on the DAT and doing them last.

This is my personal favorite method and I lose like 30 seconds on my DAT. My question is will it take about the same amount of time to skip my questions on the computers at the test center? i dont want to rely on this method if the computers are going to be slow and ancient and take liek over 1 minute to skip.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tinman831

tinman831 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Administrator Dentist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    The computers at each testing center are probably different so the time it takes may vary. Rather than skipping this section, it'd be better to practice this section and do well in it. :D

4. SMC2UCLA2_

SMC2UCLA2_ Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Ive been doing reall well, 20+ on kaplan on 24 on Topscore today so its not a matter of doing well. Its just makes more sense this way. The first 30 questions are without a doubt the hardest questions for me so i want to spend the most time on them. If i mark the ones i have difficulty with and then come back to them, i often spend more time because I need to familiarize myself with the problem again.

If it doesnt take longer than a minute to skip the first 30, its worth it in my opinion. It makes you feel good to know u got the last 60 right. On my topscore test i got 3 wrong in the last 60 and 3 wrong in the first 30.

5. issa

issa Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

i think that you just read my mind. i am doing the same thing. if the computer is fast then skipping them takes 5 seconds. it is a good idea to skip the first 2 sections.

6. food4thots

food4thots Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    i think u'll be fine w/ a 24 on topscore.. but that might = 20-21 on actual.. which is pretty darn good.

7. EyeAmCommi

EyeAmCommi Los Angeles Smog
    7+ Year Member

This is accurate. I got a 25 on Topscore and Kaplan which translated into a 23 on the real thing. 24-->21-20 sounds about right.