Topscore Practice Tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharkteef

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've taken a couple of the topscore pratice tests. On the latest one, I got:

Bio 16 :oops:
GC 16 :oops:
OC 16 :oops:
PAT 20 :)
RC 22 :D
QR 20 :)

I'm a little worried about my science scores. Does anyone know how accurate these scores are to the real DAT? I'm aiming to take the DAT in 2 weeks. I've gone through the science sections of the Kaplan blue book twice and plan on spending the next 2 weeks to memorizing with homemade flashcards. I've been out of school for sometime and I don't have any science textbooks. Along with the Kaplan book, I bought the Schaums outlines for Bio and GC but haven't really looked at them. Any advice on how I could best spend the next 2 weeks bringing my science scores up?

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

I got 15s on my TopScores practice Qs, and I ended up getting a 19TS.

sharkteef said:
Hi all,

I've taken a couple of the topscore pratice tests. On the latest one, I got:

Bio 16 :oops:
GC 16 :oops:
OC 16 :oops:
PAT 20 :)
RC 22 :D
QR 20 :)

I'm a little worried about my science scores. Does anyone know how accurate these scores are to the real DAT? I'm aiming to take the DAT in 2 weeks. I've gone through the science sections of the Kaplan blue book twice and plan on spending the next 2 weeks to memorizing with homemade flashcards. I've been out of school for sometime and I don't have any science textbooks. Along with the Kaplan book, I bought the Schaums outlines for Bio and GC but haven't really looked at them. Any advice on how I could best spend the next 2 weeks bringing my science scores up?

Thanks,

I thougth TopScore was pretty accurate in the sciences, maybe even a little harder. My TS was about 1-2 points higher on the real thing.

Studied motly from Kaplan (extra sources for Bio).

Do you have the Kaplan flash cards? If so, go through them over and over again. They were a great way to reenforce all the info. Maybe also the science subject exams (kaplans)

i was constantly getting 14's on chemistry sections and ended up with 20's on both o-chem and general chemistry.

Members don't see this ad :)
2 weeks?!

It is not necessary to take the DAT so early. ADSAS opens in mid May, and takes some time to process and mail your application. Schools may not receive it until June or July. DAT processing is much quicker. Take the DAT in JUNE(May if you are anxious) and use the extra time to study the science sections. Chances are your DAT scores will still arrive before your adsas application.

I would call the test center and reschedule for a later date.

airvent said:
2 weeks?!

It is not necessary to take the DAT so early. ADSAS opens in mid May, and takes some time to process and mail your application. Schools may not receive it until June or July. DAT processing is much quicker. Take the DAT in JUNE(May if you are anxious) and use the extra time to study the science sections. Chances are your DAT scores will still arrive before your adsas application.

I would call the test center and reschedule for a later date.

This is great advice. You can send in your app and have it processed without your DAT. then practice with topscorepro.com and study. when you take the real test, you get your scores right then. fax it to the schools and the real report will make it there in a week or two.