Topscore vs Real Dat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sillygirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been looking through previous people's posts and i can't seem to find the ones where people posted their topscore scores. I saw plenty of them before i took the practice test and now i can't seem to find one! Anyways, i was just wondering how my scores will compare with the real DAT? I just want to break 20 on all subjects and for my sciences on topscore I only got 19's. I'm wondering if thats pretty much around what i'll get? (i can postpone since my dat is 7 days away and i'm not applying this year)

Thanks for any responses!!

Members don't see this ad.

i ended up using topscore as a study tool more than just practice tests that i would take once and forget about. topscore material is easy and is good practice but i dont believe its a good guage of how u will do on the real thing. know topscore and all the topics it covers. as far as what scores i got first time through in topscore i was making 25s. on the real thing 22 ts and 21 aa with a 29 in orgo. so i think its good practice and i think u should definetly work on it to get over a 19 in all the sections. good luck

Topscore is easier than the real DAT in my opinion. If you want to prepare for the worst, go with achiever. It may be overkill, but it scares the holy living crap out of you and lights a fire under your butt.

I just finished the achiever. I actually did better on the achiever (20-21 for chem and like 18's for bio) I think I was just having an off day today. I went over topscore and notice TONS of silly mistakes. I didn't have my coffee!! :sleep: Thanks a bunch though!!! =)

Members don't see this ad :)
I just finished the achiever. I actually did better on the achiever (20-21 for chem and like 18's for bio) I think I was just having an off day today. I went over topscore and notice TONS of silly mistakes. I didn't have my coffee!! :sleep: Thanks a bunch though!!! =)

Well you didn't mention anything about coffee! I'm powerless with coffee as well. Just make sure to time your coffee accordingly before your test so you use the bathroom before you take the test. Could be a potentially disastraous sistuation if you don't plan ahead.

I know what you mean! I was trying to go coffee-less and drink gatorade in hopes that i wouldn't have to run to the ladies room but i ended up half falling asleep on my practice test. -_- Anyways tomorrow gonna try it again with a small coffee with some add shots. Less liquid but just as powerful! (Hopefully!)

Topscore is easier than the real DAT in my opinion. If you want to prepare for the worst, go with achiever. It may be overkill, but it scares the holy living crap out of you and lights a fire under your butt.

I agree with poc

thewirednerve: Why aren't you in the bar celebrating your victory!?!?

How about the QR section. How do you guys feel that compares to the real thing?

Thanks a lot.