Topscore vs real thing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maygyver

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was curious how people thing Topscore compares to the real thing. So far I've done 2 topscore exams and I feel like Topscore is pretty simple. I'm just hoping I don't get to the real thing and the questions are a lot more advanced. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I think the Top Score tests accurately represent the real DAT well. One exception would be biology, as it's really hard to get a good handle on all of the topics (physiology, development, ecology, taxonomy, etc.) in the details required.

Overall, I think that the Top Score tests are accurate, as a matter of fact, I've seen many cases where people score ~2+ more per science section!

In all honesty, I thought Topscore was harder than the real DAT but then again I tried Topscore tests when I was not 100% ready. I kept getting 19 in bio and 16's in Ochem/Gen chem and I got 23's on those subjects on the real test. Don't be too frustrated if you aren't scoring well..if you are then you are fine! I supplemented Topscore w/Cliff's AP and it turned out great

In all honesty, I thought Topscore was harder than the real DAT but then again I tried Topscore tests when I was not 100% ready. I kept getting 19 in bio and 16's in Ochem/Gen chem and I got 23's on those subjects on the real test. Don't be too frustrated if you aren't scoring well..if you are then you are fine! I supplemented Topscore w/Cliff's AP and it turned out great

Awesome! Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
How about QR topscore compared to real thing. Im scoring like 19-20 on qr topscore but im scared the real thing will be harder.On the kaplan practice tests I would do horribly on qr. I dno what to think of this.

I didn't try QR Topscore but I did fairly well on QR on Kaplan's practice tests. The key to QR is a ton of practice over and over again. I got to the point where I had 10 minutes left over after finishing Kaplan's. Once you can get that down, QR on the real DAT is not too bad.