Toronto it is!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Woodsy

S-D-N Blue Blood
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok,

I have made my decision. I'm staying in Toronto.

Saving a lot of money means more to me than going to an amazing school.

Both schools are good and both have great people, but the perks for going to U of T is just too great. Some of you will be like good, stay in Canada.

Well I'll stay in Canada for the next four years but you can bet that I'll be here later on.

Members don't see this ad.

It's Canadians like you, who bail on American schools as soon as they get into Canadian schools that have slowed the consideration of Candian students at my dental school.

The school was so tired of accepting Canadians and having them leave in favor of Canadian dental schools (sometimes after classes had already started here for a few weeks!) that they just decided to shove them aside for a while and consider other American and International students instead.

Of course, the Canadians always seem to come back and do the AEGD and GPR programs around here after graduation from dental school. The current AEGD class is full of U. Toronto recent grads. From the sounds of your post, seems like we'll be seeing you here in a few years as well.

Good luck.

Glad you finally decided, at least now your signature won't be as long. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats, you made the right decision... Purdue blows ;)

griffin04 said:
It's Canadians like you, who bail on American schools as soon as they get into Canadian schools that have slowed the consideration of Candian students at my dental school.

The school was so tired of accepting Canadians and having them leave in favor of Canadian dental schools (sometimes after classes had already started here for a few weeks!) that they just decided to shove them aside for a while and consider other American and International students instead.

Of course, the Canadians always seem to come back and do the AEGD and GPR programs around here after graduation from dental school. The current AEGD class is full of U. Toronto recent grads. From the sounds of your post, seems like we'll be seeing you here in a few years as well.

Good luck.

Griffin, NOthing personal, just business

Woodsy said:
Griffin, NOthing personal, just business

Be my friend....godfather. :thumbup:

jesus....its about time you decided...Im sure many people will agree that you were getting quite annoying with your constant debating on this forum that dragged on for months, and starting your own thread to announce the "big" news was pathetic.

griffin04 said:

Relax griffin......geez, its not their fault that Canadian schools take forever to make their decision. Same $hit happens with other US schools as well. Take NYU for instance...many people will accept NYU and then find out later in the summer they got off the waitlist at their state school and dont show up for NYU orientation......thats the way things work....can you blame them?

Congrats on making your decision!

avingupta said:
jesus....its about time you decided...Im sure many people will agree that you were getting quite annoying with your constant debating on this forum that dragged on for months, and starting your own thread to announce the "big" news was pathetic.

Thanks Avin, I can always rely on you to give me moral support. :thumbup:

Woodsy said:
Thanks Avin, I can always rely on you to give me moral support. :thumbup:

nah man...I wish you all the best, and Im glad you made the "correct" decision, but i just thought you were annoying in the process...

avingupta said:
nah man...I wish you all the best, and Im glad you made the "correct" decision, but i just thought you were annoying in the process...
hahaha thanks man, I know, I'm such bastard./

avingupta said:

How was he annoying?? The only constant annoyance here is you aving. You seem like a sad sad person.

Ecks said:
How was he annoying?? The only constant annoyance here is you aving. You seem like a sad sad person.

Actually, Im a happy happy person.....I just found out that not only am I getting paid to goto Costa Rica, but Im also getting paid to goto Slovakia in the summer......happy happy!

avingupta said:
Actually, Im a happy happy person.....I just found out that not only am I getting paid to goto Costa Rica, but Im also getting paid to goto Slovakia in the summer......happy happy!
How'd you land that? This summer I'm going to San Antonio all expenses paid.... for military training.

Calculus1 said:
How'd you land that? This summer I'm going to San Antonio all expenses paid.... for military training.

Im doing an internship down in Costa Rica for the summer, but I was informed yesterday that Im going to be sent to Slovakia as well to work on their hospital restructuring program for a couple of weeks.....pretty cool stuff. I cant wait to visit Slovakia because Slovaks love their hockey and some quality players come from there! :D Also, that means hopefully I can make my way down to Hungary....I always hear that Budapest is amazing....gotta check out that jazz scene! I want to goto Prague as well, but its gonna cost me 50 bucks because Im Canadian and I need a Visa.....Americans dont! :mad: You win this round yankee bastards!

Please Woodsy reconsider that decision, American dental schools are in dire need of canadian students. :laugh: :laugh:

Avig - Where did you apply for this internship at? I really want to spend next summer(06) working abroad somewhere and so far the only way I've seen to do it is through Bunac?

bryan45876 said:
Avig - Where did you apply for this internship at? I really want to spend next summer(06) working abroad somewhere and so far the only way I've seen to do it is through Bunac?

Hey bryan.....Bunac is something like Swap.....they just help you get the visa and stuff but finding the job is up to you.....of course, these jobs are usually jobs that are considered general jobs, so usually people go there because (a) they want to just live in another country for a few months (b) they dont know what to do with their lives, so they are goign for some life experiences.

As for my internship, its a paid internship (pretty rare to find these) i found out through my University (Toronto), and its academically based. Since Im interested in health policy, I wanted more experience in the field, so I looked for these kind of internships. This particular internship had applicants from all types of universities, even preppy conceited Ivy League universities, but in the end, the two applicants from Toronto (including myself) were chosen :D

So it depends on what you are looking for. If its just to get away for the summer and make some small cash not caring what you are gonna be doing, go for Bunac.....but if you want a job in a field you are interested in, I would suggest to contact the relevant department within your university for opportunities......university career centres are always a good place to start. Good Luck!