toronto notes 2007 for step 2 ck

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maxpain

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone try this out? I'm not canadian or anything like that, so not really interested in the canadian boards. However, I've seen these notes around and they claim to cover all the relevant info for step 2. They seem to be pretty good and concise from what I can see. I just don't want to venture out into unchartered territory and be the first to use these for the step 2. Anyone here used these notes and been successful? Do they cover everything for the step 2? Any advice appreciated...

Members don't see this ad.

The toronto notes are really great. I'm using them for Step2 and the Canadian exams. It is very thorough and to the point. Covers virtually every specialty. If you are not planning on taking the Canadian exams, just skip the parts that pertain to Canadian laws and what not. Also the units are in metric...there's a conversion chart in the back. Comes with a pocket reference book, CD that has practice cases in ECG, radiology and a few practice questions for the Canadian exam. Check out the website http://toronto-notes.com/
Hope that helps.

The toronto notes are really great. I'm using them for Step2 and the Canadian exams. It is very thorough and to the point. Covers virtually every specialty. If you are not planning on taking the Canadian exams, just skip the parts that pertain to Canadian laws and what not. Also the units are in metric...there's a conversion chart in the back. Comes with a pocket reference book, CD that has practice cases in ECG, radiology and a few practice questions for the Canadian exam. Check out the website http://toronto-notes.com/
Hope that helps.

Thanks...I've actually seen the toronto notes and they do seem pretty good as you mentioned. From your knowledge, do the canadian students (I'm assuming you're canadian?) in general find that it prepares them well for the step 2? ie. are most successful after using this as a primary source? My only worry is that it seems more geared towards the canadian boards and therefore will miss out on a few points required for the step 2. Thanks again for your help...

I personally haven't taken step 2 or the MCCQE1 yet so i can't tell you. I know one person personally who has and said that all though he did use first aid for step 2 and UWorld, the toronto notes did help a lot for studying during clerkships. He did pretty good...i think he did >240 on step 2.