Total hours spent sudying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sbosu

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering, about how many total hours did everyone spend studying or are planning on studying for the DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know about hours, but I can tell you that I've probably lost a month of my life span due to stress !

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just wondering, about how many total hours did everyone spend studying or are planning on studying for the DAT?

The amount of time you spend reviewing for the DAT may prove to be directly proportional to your DAT scores.

abotu 25 hrs a week for 2 months. Just like u, I was wondering how long i should spend studying for the DATs before i actually started studying....once you start studying and taking practice tests you will see for yourself how much u feel u need to study. Just dont burn yourself out...I would have done much better if i didnt take it so freakin seriously.

I agree with blackjack... I studied for a good two months all day, everyday for my first time around. I didn't go well because I was so nervous and stressed out/miserable. I put all this pressure on myself like the world would be over if I didn't get 20's. Needless to say, the test was a disaster and I'm retaking 3 months later--tomorrow. For this retake I've studied a hardcore 2 weeks (bc I do much better under pressure) and lightly for a could weeks before that. Yea, I still don't feel 100%-I know I should have studied more. But even if I put it off another week or two, I would still feel the same way. But I'm burnt out and don't want to prolong it. So we'll see tomorrow if I'll be eating my words!

i took my DAT at the end of August and started studying inJune. June-July, 6 hrs per day. In August ~10-12 hrs per day. so im guessing around 400 hrs