Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I've been looking at the average medical school debt for different schools, such as ucsd, ucsf, and stanford. All of these schools report that their average graduate leaves with around $80,000 debt (or less!). I've always been under the impression that I'll graduate with around $100,000 - $200,000 in debt. Am I missing something??
FYI, I don't anticipate having any help from my parents with medical school since they already helped me during grad school. I'll be working as a healthcare/biotech consultant for the ~2 yrs before I start med school and I should be able to save up around 80-100K before I matriculate (I'll have a PhD in a few months, so I'll get paid more)
For reference:
http://med.stanford.edu/md/financial_aid/debt_management.html
http://meded.ucsd.edu/asa/financial_aid/faq/
http://www.medschool.ucsf.edu/admissions/tuition/index.aspx
I've been looking at the average medical school debt for different schools, such as ucsd, ucsf, and stanford. All of these schools report that their average graduate leaves with around $80,000 debt (or less!). I've always been under the impression that I'll graduate with around $100,000 - $200,000 in debt. Am I missing something??
FYI, I don't anticipate having any help from my parents with medical school since they already helped me during grad school. I'll be working as a healthcare/biotech consultant for the ~2 yrs before I start med school and I should be able to save up around 80-100K before I matriculate (I'll have a PhD in a few months, so I'll get paid more)
For reference:
http://med.stanford.edu/md/financial_aid/debt_management.html
http://meded.ucsd.edu/asa/financial_aid/faq/
http://www.medschool.ucsf.edu/admissions/tuition/index.aspx