total random...ucsf/stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jeesapeesa

anesthesiologist southern california
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just a plain, simple question...average step 1? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you mean the average for the medical students enrolled there, or for residency applicants matching there?

For residencies in the Bay Area--
Gotta depend on the field.... and these numbers generally aren't released or that easy to come by, but I have found one.

Stanford anesthesia: Average Step 1/2 of someone who matched last year was 239/242.

Do you mean the average for the medical students enrolled there, or for residency applicants matching there?

For residencies in the Bay Area--
Gotta depend on the field.... and these numbers generally aren't released or that easy to come by, but I have found one.

Stanford anesthesia: Average Step 1/2 of someone who matched last year was 239/242.

for those who were interviewed or presently at these two programs. thanks for the info. i figured it would be around the 240s. any personal input from anybody else? just wondering what i should shoot for :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
for those who were interviewed or presently at these two programs. thanks for the info. i figured it would be around the 240s. any personal input from anybody else? just wondering what i should shoot for :xf:

You should shoot for the highest score you can get in a 4-8 week studying period. The people who apply and interview at these 2 places are very bright. Best of luck.

there is obviously more than board scores. i got just under 260 and didn't get an invite. guessin' its because i'm a DO.

their loss. :thumbdown:

there is obviously more than board scores. i got just under 260 and didn't get an invite. guessin' its because i'm a DO.

their loss. :thumbdown:

yea, it's not all about board scores, but you can probably have your pick from a whole lot of other places with the scores you got. personally i just consider these two the most competitive in cali, but not necessarily the best (as i've read in this forum that "best" is most likely relative). best of luck.

yea, it's not all about board scores, but you can probably have your pick from a whole lot of other places with the scores you got. personally i just consider these two the most competitive in cali, but not necessarily the best (as i've read in this forum that "best" is most likely relative). best of luck.

Definitely not just board scores. I'm bringing down the average pretty heavily.