Touching screen during Angle test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TamHLe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are you allowed to touch the screen when your doing the pat?

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the center. From what I've seen around here, usually the answer is yes, but give your center a call to make sure.

i heard from my kaplan instructors that you can't even point to the screen with ur marker or you get disqualified.

The ada sample test in the front cover says you are not allowed to do that during angle ranking.

Testing centers are not the ada though and don't know all of the rules. So they might not let you or they might.

Members don't see this ad :)
i heard from my kaplan instructors that you can't even point to the screen with ur marker or you get disqualified.

how can u be disqualified for pointing at the screen? when i write or hold the marker it is pointed towards the sccreen im not getting disqualified for that lol

Oh crap. I touched the screen with my hands during my test. Now I'm paranoid that my official scores do not match up with the unofficial ones. Does anyone know if AADSAS will contact you if they choose to change your score? Should I get an official one just in case?

Oh crap. I touched the screen with my hands during my test. Now I'm paranoid that my official scores do not match up with the unofficial ones. Does anyone know if AADSAS will contact you if they choose to change your score? Should I get an official one just in case?

your fine. it they would've caught you I think they would've disqualified you and removed you from the center though. good job being sneaky about it :laugh:

Im pretty sure you can't touch the screen, but you can definitely point at it lol

You probably have to do something really blatant for them to really say you were cheating. I pointed at the screen to get numbers correct, I even touched the screen to brush off dirt to make sure it wasn't part of the picture(something I think prometric people should do before hand).

My thinking is this the prometric people does a random sample or flags people they think are suspicious(during their checks) in some way and reviews the tape and reports it to the ADA or whomever is in charge for test that person is taking.

It is like any mass production of things, small random samples are tested.

Think about it. there are what 12000+ dental applicants, probably a few thousand more test takers who don't apply because of scores. Not including retakes. You can't possibly review everyone. the ADA doesn't have the time to review all 4.5 hours of every applicant. 200 dollars(well 300 now) isn't gonna cover it and still have a huge profit.

but u can use ur laminated sheets and form an angle (without touching the screen) right? to compare angles

but u can use ur laminated sheets and form an angle (without touching the screen) right? to compare angles

that's what the prometric people said I'm allowed to do. I just held up the sheet without touching screen to make a right angle. had to close 1 eye though.

but it didn't help me at all.

the ADA hasn't contacted me about anything.

where can i get laminated sheets to practice with at home?

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/www.scratchsheet.comhttp://www.scratchsheet.com

you get grid ones on the actual exam.

It's a dry erase one so if you have pen already you don't need it.

I had the kaplan one which was a wet erase, ended up buying these for my nieces and nephews. They no longer have an excuse of no paper.

I haven't tried them out yet though to see if they are as crappy as the ones prometric provides.

So if you cant touch the screen with your hands
can you hold up a pen to the opening of the angles???

Should I call and ask?