1. Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

Touching the Comp Screen Prohibited?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by informatique, Jun 14, 2008.

1. informatique

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I've been doing a lot better on the PAT angle problems by covering up the arms of the angles on my laptop screen with my fingers and focusing on the small corner of the angle.

Would I be reprimanded if I were to use such tactics at the Prometric center?

2. Hugh Mannity

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I specifically asked this when I walked in and they said do what you want, maybe they will get new screens, lol. I think it depends on the proctors, but I had no issue with it.

3. jcdent27

2+ Year Member

Dental Student

Technically you are not supposed to. I wouldn't risk getting kicked out for it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Hugh Mannity

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    When you go to the test, ASK. Practice not touching so if they say you can't you are prepared to not do so. If you can, more power to you.

5. mddang

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I think you should call ahead of time and ask... If they say no, then you will still have time to work out a new strategy.

6. A8

A8
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    It depends on proctor, but I think you are not allowed to touch the screen!