Touching the Screen during DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ineffable11

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,so.. according to the ADA regulation, you are NOT supposed to touch the screen? Does any one know for sure? if you get caught, your score can get voided?
Realistly, ppl say that it's moslty depend on your testing center, so do you just ask before the test??

Lastly, for people who wear contacts normally, did you guys wear glasses on your test day? You know how Kaplan says wear glasses caz your eyes will get tired if you wear contacts. Any insights??

Thanks..

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,so.. according to the ADA regulation, you are NOT supposed to touch the screen? Does any one know for sure? if you get caught, your score can get voided?
Realistly, ppl say that it's moslty depend on your testing center, so do you just ask before the test??

Lastly, for people who wear contacts normally, did you guys wear glasses on your test day? You know how Kaplan says wear glasses caz your eyes will get tired if you wear contacts. Any insights??

Thanks..

Don't touch the screen because there is a chance that your scores get voided.

I did wear my glasses and I think I was more comfortable, but I think it is up to you. If you take practice tests with contacts and you feel OK then I don't see any problem to wear contacts on your test day.

Thanks Guys,

Def, I will NOT touch the screen ...

I will probably wear glasses.. Maybe like u said, I will try taking practice test with contacts on and see how it goes.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you wear glasses every so often with no problem, wearing glasses might be a good idea. My eyes dry out easily with contacts when staring at a screen!

However, people that are used to contacts sometimes get headaches when switching to glasses, especially if they aren't the same prescription.

Personally, staring at a screen for that long gives me a massive headache so I plan on taking a couple of aspirin right before the exam to preemptively strike a headache that I will undoubtedly get :)

**** i touched the screeen like crazy during my DAT. Guess i got lucky. It helped me with the angle ranking big time. Helpful post.

this post makes me nervous...i got really close up to the screen with my eyes and fingers but never actualy touched it.

considering i took my dats may 8th, would they have gotten back to me with a "your scores are voided becasue you tocuhed the screen" letter by now?

has this acually happened to anybody out there before?