Touching the screen

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pk62281

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've looked on the past threads and there is not a definite consensus if this is allowed or not. There are people that are confident on both sides, and some people even saying they've heard of people getting their scores voided. Anyways, I did the following.

1. Called my prometric center and confirmed that touching the screen is in fact allowed
2. Looked at the DAT guide on the ADA website, and it does not say anything at all prohibiting screen touching.
3. The past exams were in paper, and you could obviously touch it then, so whats the biggie?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
well first off if they said it was cool and they didnt say anything to you, then there is no reason for your test video to be examined. and like you said there is nothing about it in the rules from the ada. don't worry a bit man just enjoy those scores and relax

I called the ADA to confirm and they said the finger is considered a measuring device and therefore not allowed to be placed on or near the screen.