Tough Application Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Plowi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some applications ask me to submit a letter of recommendation from a pharmacist. How the heck am I supposed to know a pharmacist if Ive been turned down for every pharmacy job Ive applied for? What should I do? Are there any good schools that dont have such ridiculous requirements?

You guys know what your doing, help me out please.

Members don't see this ad.

Start volunteering at a pharmacy then ask the pharmacist for a recommendation. Most would love to have a volunteer and wouldn't mind to write you a LOR after a couple months.

b3b3cuti3 said:
Start volunteering at a pharmacy then ask the pharmacist for a recommendation. Most would love to have a volunteer and wouldn't mind to write you a LOR after a couple months.

I have been trying to get a pharmacy associate job but I think my lack of work experience in retail (only had 1 retail job) makes them not wanna hire me. Ive never seen a volunteer pharmacy. Do retail pharmacies allow volunteers? What type of pharmacy should I offer to volunteer at, e.g. hospital, retail, and privately owned pharmacies? Just looking for some suggestions please.

Plowi said:
I have been trying to get a pharmacy associate job but I think my lack of work experience in retail (only had 1 retail job) makes them not wanna hire me. Ive never seen a volunteer pharmacy. Do retail pharmacies allow volunteers? What type of pharmacy should I offer to volunteer at, e.g. hospital, retail, and privately owned pharmacies? Just looking for some suggestions please.
I think you should try volunteering at each of those type pharmacies. I work at a retail store and we don't allow volunteering, its against policy, but I know lots of hospitals do.

I got my start by working as a cashier in a grocery store and waiting until the pharmacy had an opening. Maybe you could get your foot in the door that way?