Tough decision

Started by vanelo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

vanelo

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok, the dreaded moment has finally arrived. I have wedding plans with my BF of almost four years. We are so happy and have planned the rest of our lives with each other.

Here is the thing:
He is currently PGY-1 of OB/GYN. I want a residency that has only four spots in the same state he is, but my chances of matching in that program are not that great. I have better chances at any other program that is at least a plane away.
Has anyone been in this situation of having to chose residency vs. relationship. I've heard multiple opinions but I would like to hear from anyone who has been in the same situation I am and how things have gone for him/her.

Thanks
 
Well, I am just finishing my third year now. Since he is already a resident, I don't think he would be able to enter into couples match. I was thinking that if I didn't matched at that hospital to maybe take a year off and do research with the Program Director since I would have that opportunity, but it is still a whole year.

:scared: