Tough stuff

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Badger Girl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I know that we've all heard about/dealt with animal abuse etc., but I just can't get this story out of my head. I won't give all the details that I know here, but this is the gist of it.

I work in CPS (child protection), and a bunch of us were eating lunch the other day when one of our co-workers came in and told us that she had just gotten a call from one of her families about a situation that had occurred over the weekend. Apparently, one guy (who has 9 children) was at a party at his brother's house last weekend. He had all of his kids with him. There was a dog there that happened to bite one of his children in the face. While one or two of the women took the child to the hospital, the father of the child took everyone's cell phones and proceeded to kill the dog (in a very brutal manner) and made the other children bury it. He said something about if he found one piece of hair left from the dog, he was going to do something to the kids themselves (can't remember what he said exactly). I just think it's a completely diabolical act and it makes me sick. I don't know if the kids have been removed or anything, but I just can't stop thinking about it. :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

Wow...that's pretty bad. But I must say, I know from my previous work in the field of psychology that there are a LOT of really messed up people out there! Sad story (hopefully the kids will be safe as it's too late for the pup).