Touro - Bay Shore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Balliamo402

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just received my acceptance email from Touro this afternoon! Still waiting to hear from most schools I've applied to, but I must say - this acceptance is a HUGE relief! Has anyone else heard from them?

Also, Touro wants a deposit 4 weeks from today... However, I don't expect to hear from other schools before then... Would it look bad to ask for an extension for the deposit due date?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if schools will give extensions or not. It never hurts to ask. Worst case scenario is that they just say no. What are they going to do, retract your acceptance over it? Obviously not.

Most schools give a refund of up to 90%.I don't know what their deposit is, but $1000 seems about the average.

Ask yourself if you willing to take a ~$100+ hit for more time?

The email simply says "non-refundable," but I'll ask to be sure. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
So, if you make a deposit, does that mean that you have to go that school or can you withdraw afterwards when you hear back from more schools?

You can withdraw but you'll obviously lose your deposit if you decide to attend another school.

That's really harsh if it's non refundable.

You're gonna have to decide what the odds of you getting into one of your other choices and if it's worth risking it.

Let me rephrase what I said above. Would you take a $1000 hit to go to your number one school if you got accepted? :bang:

Congratulations on your acceptance

Thanks for the congratulations. :)

Well, I emailed to ask if it's 100% non-refundable, so I'll let you know what they say. Ouch if it is! I also asked about possibly extending the date of receipt of the deposit.

I'm honestly not sure right now if I'd be willing to take a chance with declining & then not getting acceptance elsewhere. Ah, I don't really know! I can't say it's my #1 choice, but I would go there. And I'm not really sure about my chances at the other schools, either.

Congrats! I also have been accepted to Touro but at the Manhattan Campus. And the e-mail did say that its non-refundable. It sucks. I am actually in the same dilemma as you are haha

Oh no! That does suck. But congrats to you as well! Are you planning to send in the deposit? Where else have you applied, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm probably going to send in the deposit because I don't hear back for interviews from my top schools until after December. Plus, the commute would be very convenient since I live in NYC. I applied to about every school in New York. Let me know if its 100% non-refundable!

Same here... Sucks that we are being rushed to decide.

Completely non-refundable. No extensions. :(

Just received an acceptance from Touro Bay Shore yesterday and I'm very excited that I've been accepted to one school so far!

I haven't heard back from any in-state schools (VA for me), but I'm going to send the deposit in anyways. Better to have a safe school just in case I don't get accepted to any of my in-state schools. But it hurts that I won't get the deposit back if I decide to go to a different school.

Would you guys mind posting your stats?? I applied also and am getting nervous! Hating the waiting!!

Just received an acceptance from Touro Bay Shore yesterday and I'm very excited that I've been accepted to one school so far!

I haven't heard back from any in-state schools (VA for me), but I'm going to send the deposit in anyways. Better to have a safe school just in case I don't get accepted to any of my in-state schools. But it hurts that I won't get the deposit back if I decide to go to a different school.

Congrats!! Along with your stats could you also tell us when you e-submit your ptcas.... thanks!!! I hope I get in Touro as well!! :D

Was your acceptance via email.. phone call.. mail?

Would you guys mind posting your stats??

Cumul. GPA: 3.14
Undergrad GPA: 2.99
Pre-Req GPA: 3.80 (Most taken at local community college)
GRE: V 152, Q 157, AW 4.5
PTCAS Submit Date: 10/1/12

Extra-Curric: Full-time PT aide at an outpt clinic for 2 years. Various community service activities.

PT Observation Hours: >1300 hours at outpt clinic. 100 hours inpatient.

Good luck, everyone!

What was the wait time between the time you applied and the time you got accepted?