Touro CA D.O Secondary Application Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lazybutt26

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I received my secondary application for Touro CA Osteopathic Medical School. I was filling out the form this morning and noticed that there were some questionable things they asked me to put. First, it asked for my father's name, occupation then my father's work address. So did my mothers. And then it asked for my spouse's (because I am married) name, occupation, education information, and his employer's information as well as its address. IS THAT NORMAL? Why would they need all that information? I honestly do not feel comfortable feeling that part out. I am the one applying to medical school and being considered for its candidacy. Can I leave that part out? Do you know why they would ask that information?

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

So I received my secondary application for Touro CA Osteopathic Medical School. I was filling out the form this morning and noticed that there were some questionable things they asked me to put. First, it asked for my father's name, occupation then my father's work address. So did my mothers. And then it asked for my spouse's (because I am married) name, occupation, education information, and his employer's information as well as its address. IS THAT NORMAL? Why would they need all that information? I honestly do not feel comfortable feeling that part out. I am the one applying to medical school and being considered for its candidacy. Can I leave that part out? Do you know why they would ask that information?

Thanks for your help!

It is normal.

In fact, I believe this is on the TMDSAS primary application. At least the part about parents. I remember having to answer questions about my dad, my mom - and disclose that she is deceased -, and a "significant female figure" - my stepmom -, on my application. This included all relevant occupational and educational data about each of them.

I believe it is for financial aid purposes. And they want to get background on you. I guess to see if someone grew up disadvantaged.