Touro DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

erose21

Reaction score
I applied to Touro Manhattan DPT program a few days ago and they have emailed back saying after reviewing my application, they suggest I retake the GRE to make my application a bit more competitive. This would be my third time taking the GRE. I dropped one point in verbal from 149 to 148 and my quant score increased from 145 to 148. The minimum scores that were included in my email were 148v and 147q. Looking for advice on improving my scores. I was enrolled in GRE prep courses and took multiple practice tests which were timed in preparation for my second test. Also, if anyone was accepted to Touro this cycle, if you wouldn't mind sharing your GRE scores. TIA!

Members don't see this ad.

Quant: 153
Verbal: 161
Essay: 5.5

Wanted to make sure I only had to take it once. Was looking for resources online to study that didn't involve paying. I would highly recommend checking out Gregmat on youtube, he does fantastic videos on GRE that has no fluff, just gets straight to the point. I initially started studying by borrowing test prep books from the library (Princeton Reviews, Barrons, etc.) but honestly you don't need any of that stuff. Just use the official book by ETS, they're the guys that make these exams for goodness sake. Math is my weakness so I was just tryna score a little above average on that. Essays I suck on but this is a standardized test which means you just follow a prompt and outline, no need to get all fancy. Here are the links to the essay videos by Gretmat that got me 5.5 on writing portion on my first attempt. Also... I don't think a lot of people know this but the ETS website also has every single essay prompt that might show up on THE REAL TEST. This is why you should use no other resource for studying, ETS is literally giving you the word for word prompts.

Issue Essay:
Argument Essay:
Pool of Essay Prompts: Introduction to the GRE Argument Task (For Test Takers)

Best of luck

Quant: 153
Verbal: 161
Essay: 5.5

Wanted to make sure I only had to take it once. Was looking for resources online to study that didn't involve paying. I would highly recommend checking out Gregmat on youtube, he does fantastic videos on GRE that has no fluff, just gets straight to the point. I initially started studying by borrowing test prep books from the library (Princeton Reviews, Barrons, etc.) but honestly you don't need any of that stuff. Just use the official book by ETS, they're the guys that make these exams for goodness sake. Math is my weakness so I was just tryna score a little above average on that. Essays I suck on but this is a standardized test which means you just follow a prompt and outline, no need to get all fancy. Here are the links to the essay videos by Gretmat that got me 5.5 on writing portion on my first attempt. Also... I don't think a lot of people know this but the ETS website also has every single essay prompt that might show up on THE REAL TEST. This is why you should use no other resource for studying, ETS is literally giving you the word for word prompts.

Issue Essay:
Argument Essay:
Pool of Essay Prompts: Introduction to the GRE Argument Task (For Test Takers)

Best of luck

Thank you so much!!!!