Touro Interview...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

go4it

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone submitted supplemental application to Touro (CA) and still waiting on the interview invitation?

Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted my application back in november.

Got an interview request back in janurary for March.

Declining cause i don't plan on going there.

I submitted my supplement back in september as I remembered and I am still waiting...I don't think my chances are good :(

I submitted my supp. app. mid-Feb....How long has it been since you submitted you supp. app.?

Thanks for replying!

I just received an invitation for an interview...I'll be calling them for an appointment. I am really excited but nervous at the same time since this is my first interview.

If you already had your interview at Touro, please provide me with any useful tips for an interview.

Last edited:
dont talk too much.... im serious. i was waitlisted then asked them y. they said i talked too much and "didnt let" my fellow interviewees talked. :mad: :mad: i thought that was the stupidest reason ever. someone got in w/ "i'm in it solely for the money"

was that really the reason why you're on a wailist? did you call them and ask or email them?

Last edited:
dont talk too much.... im serious. i was waitlisted then asked them y. they said i talked too much and "didnt let" my fellow interviewees talked. :mad: :mad: i thought that was the stupidest reason ever. someone got in w/ "i'm in it solely for the money"

Wow, I'm surprised that the person who said I'm doing it for the money got in...

Which interviewers did you have? And were you the one doing most of the talking because others were quiet?

Last edited:
I submitted my supplement back in september as I remembered and I am still waiting...I don't think my chances are good :(

Did you email Julie Lee for the status? She is good about responding to emails.

i'm just tkaing it as a sign from god that i wont be happy there because of the culture. If i have to change inorder to fit in, then...... is it worth it? i used to be soooo shy, like a normal asian. I spent years working to be more open and all jsut to have it back fire in my face. i can truely say i'm a lot happier now then when i was quiet and timid.

anh, I totally know what you're talking about. I was actually voted as "Most Bashful" during my senior year in high school-talk about embarrassing. :p Being shy and passive really wasn't who I was about, so when I went to college, I tried to be more talkative and more confident so that I can share my hidden personality with others. I probably would've been rejected too, if I was in your shoes! Believe me, Touro doesn't know what they're missing. Take your first interview was a good learning experience, and I hope you get into another school that will appreciate you for who you are.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm just tkaing it as a sign from god that i wont be happy there because of the culture. If i have to change inorder to fit in, then...... is it worth it? i used to be soooo shy, like a normal asian. I spent years working to be more open and all jsut to have it back fire in my face. i can truely say i'm a lot happier now then when i was quiet and timid.

I agree...I also used to be shy & timid and it was a very uncomfortable way to be. To me, your confidence and openness is more a sign that you would make a great leader and a great pharmacist. In fact, being shy & quiet might not be a good thing in this profession, when you may sometimes need to speak up to point out a potentially dangerous mistake, etc.

I definitely would have gotten rejected from Touro as well...when I was with my group at my UCSF interview, I was the biggest talker. :cool:

both. that was the reason they gave me. they said the general guideline is to waitlsit anyone who seems to be "too" dominating. I dont know; i'm kinda piss off. touro placed a bad taste in my mouth. i wish they gave me a more valid reason like oh ur stats aren't high enough or u had no such and such...

wow so im on the waitlist probably cuz i was "too" dominating?! that's so funny because im totally not a dominant or very talkative person. I felt I did my equal share of answering questions and perhaps talked a BIT longer on some topics than other people, but i just wanted to convey my ideas and who i am clearly to them. maybe i just don't fit the kind of person they're looking for based on what i said. anywayz maybe now i'll call them and ask the actual reason for being waitlisted hehe

Last edited:
Submitted my supplemental early Feb. No response....
Do you guys know how many interview dates are there left????

Last edited:
Hi Anh,

I'm sorry you've been wait listed. As for the reason of "being too dominating"...I would see that as a more valid reason of not being offered admission right away than not having enough stats. I'm a P1 at Touro and last year during my interview, there was a girl who always answered first and didn't let people talk. In addition, while we were talking, she would jump in (maybe too excited) and interject her thoughts. The purpose of group interviews is to see how we interact with others. Sometimes in order to be a leader, you need to be a good listener, wouldn't you agree? If I were you, I wouldn't be so quick to judge Touro because they said " you're too dominating" and instead...take it as constructive criticism and look at yourself. Looking at my classmates around me...a lot of us have strong personalities but I don't remember any of us dominating over each other. But wait list is a good thing :) Some people got in off the wait list and to be honest...they have contributed the most to our class. I hope to see you next year and please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

As for that person who was admitted because they said they're doing pharmacy for the money. I can appreciate that person's honesty. If pharmacists were making 30k a year, I highly doubt there would be so many applicants. There's no straight scale of what gets a person into pharm school and what doesn't. Just because you have a 4.0 and cool essay doesn't mean you'll be a good pharmacist. In addition, to be honest, your interviewer is biased. I think each interviewer is looking for something in particular. One for sure is looking for compassionate care givers as well as leaders. And being dominating is not being a leader, that's just being a dictator.

P.S. for everyone else, it's good to talk a lot...that's the purpose of the interview but you need to know when to talk and when to listen.

Aww I'm sorry Anh,

Dude, i think the first bad interview experience is always gonna leave a bitter taste in the mouth. one interview left me mad and crying (after the interview) cuz the interviewer was unnecessarily blunt with me that i knew they were provoking me so i had to keep my cool with lots of control. the funny thing is that im gonna go to the school and see the lady who made me sooo mad.

MAybe the person who interviewed you was a sensitive person who would think that saying more than 2 sentences is dominating. I had an interviewer who look shy and timid so maybe she isnt used to people talking alot. so you just lucked out in that one is all.
dont worry, other schools will see your qualities and will interview if not already accept you. if not, apply next year. dont give up.

but for the thread, i think some people shouldnt assume that being shy and timid is what gets you into touro. you missed the point entirely. i have seen a lot of people at touro who are dominating or outspoken as well as the shy and timid. dude, i used to be very shy and afraid of what people think of me so i wouldnt talk, but now im not shy or timid anymore, but in the interview i always spoke last. throughout the interview, i was getting upset not becuz someone talked too much, but that the big talkers werent considerate enough to look around to see if someone raised their hand to talk, or someone waiting for you to finish or that they would cut in the conversation when the other person didnt really finish. the interview was to see if you can be open (which most of you do not lack) but also can you step back and let others be open as well. i agree with delite310, that school is looking for those who isnt just good, but are also team players which includes listening to others as well as being leader.

but i will also say that being dominating isnt a stupid reason. if one dominates the project or whatever, and not let others add their input, then its not a team no more, its just a boss and his/her subordinates. Like how would u feel if you wanted to tell your opinion about something and someone else is just dominating the conversation. it makes the conversation one sided dont you think? you would be frustrated right? and the thing is you and that person are part of a TEAM. thats why touro is a group interview.
for the one accepted who said he/she is in it for the money. yea i think that is definitely one of those oddball occurrences. it is amazing that it happened but it does.

go4it: good luck. the profs there seem really cool and genuine.
just to let u know regards the talking too much: they actually warn you to not talk too much in the panel interview right before it starts. so if anything you are forewarned by them. hehe

Hi Delite,

Your postmade an interesting reading.Can you please explain the relationship between stronng leadership qualities and group effectiveness?

I would like THANK everyone for the great tips.

Do you guys know if they've filled all of the interview spots for touro yet? My friend turned hers in mid-Feb and hasn't heard a thing.

I have an interview there on the 13th of next month but not sure I will go because I have already accepted MCPHS. I might go and see what it is like. I heard that they have interviews for next month and that is it. When I called in February to make my appt. they did not have many spots left.

tbs, thanks for your response. The latest interview invite I've heard for Touro is the April one...I wonder if it's all filled-I wouldn't be surprised since their group interviews are pretty small. Bah, I just feel so bad for my friend. Which MCPHS campus have you been accepted to, if you don't mind??

I got accepted to the worcester campus. PM for any other questions.

what are your guys' stats if you don't mind? do you also know what the avg admitted gpa is?