Touro Las Vegas!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EastWestN2grt

White Coat, Raised Fist!!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Decided to sart this thread since I have an interview coming up on March 8. Any interview feedback, feelings about the school, tips, etc??....Will be appreciated. Any one else interviewing there soon??

There has been so much excitement about Tourocom that Touro LV seems to be ________(silent)!

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be down in Henderson interviewing on that day as well.

I have interviewed and been accepted at TOURO NV. The interview day was comfortable. Not that stressful. There was a group of 8-10 there when I went that all went through the interview day together.

Best advice. Be yourself and do not try to hard.

Members don't see this ad :)
Decided to sart this thread since I have an interview coming up on March 8. Any interview feedback, feelings about the school, tips, etc?

Thanks for starting the thread.
I am interviewing there on March 26th...would like to have come earlier, but that's when I have spring break.

best advice...my friend who got an interview invite last year.."accidentally" overslept...so he just gambled all day...gluck...either in the interview..or when you gamble..or both :)

TOURO NV is freakin sweet!! the ppl there are awesome and I have a deposit there but I'm still choosing between there and Touro NYC currently. You will have a great time! Chat it up with Roger Corbman, take a tour of the strip and don't even stress about the interview. They are not there to grill you, just to see if you'll fit in with their relatively laid back atmosphere that I felt when I was there. Stay in Henderson if you haven't booked your hotel, the only large traffic in the area is to and away from the Strip at certain hours. Good luck!

I interviewed and was accepted there back in November. I got some really good vibes from the school, and the students there. The atmosphere was really laid back. Plus I opted to stay overnight with a student, who was nice enough to pick me up from the airport, and drive me down to campus on the day of the interview - saved me a ton of dough.

Roger Corbman is a really helpful and flexible guy. The facilities were nice, and Touro will have a research facility of its own soon. The only reason I decided to decline their offer was because the school is not well established, and I didn't want to take my chances with that. Other than that, it seems like an awesome school to attend.

Yea Touro NV is a pretty nice place. I interviewed in Sept and got accepted a couple weeks later. I decided to not go there just because of the distractions. The school itself is fantastic, the people friendly, and it is/was my third top choice behind my in-state and KCUMB. The interview was very laid back. I got a secretary and the biochem professor. More like a conversation than an interview. I wouldn't sweat it at all! If you want any additional comments, feel free to shoot a PM my way or repost.

Very nice school, and the most laid back of all my interviews. I had the head of OMM and another admin and they were two of the nicest ladies I have ever met and made it so easy to be myself. Goodluck, relax and be yourself!

I was scheduled to interview there on March 26th but I was accepted to NYCOM so I was thinking about calling them to cancel. I haven't seen the school out there though, do you think I should go there and check it out at least and see if I like it more, or is NYCOM considered a better school? I know that I should go where I feel most comfortable, but just wondering if you guys would INSIST that I still consider Touro NV considering my situation.

Thanks.

Pretty much the only reason I chose MI over NV is b/c the school is simply more established. Unless you really love NY I'd check it out, personally, being from Florida I wouldn't want to live in NY b/c of how cold it gets. It is a very nice campus, and seems to have a great program! Everyone seems to be just about as nice and friendly as possible!

I was scheduled to interview there on March 26th but I was accepted to NYCOM so I was thinking about calling them to cancel. I haven't seen the school out there though, do you think I should go there and check it out at least and see if I like it more, or is NYCOM considered a better school? I know that I should go where I feel most comfortable, but just wondering if you guys would INSIST that I still consider Touro NV considering my situation.

Thanks.

The only other thing I would consider is how competitive you are...IE your stats and ECs. It is getting to be crunch time and they wont have the option of accepting everyone so you are going to need to nail your interview. It is a completely stress free day though, so I say check it out!

The school is actually very cool. I really enjoyed the staff and the interview was incrediably smooth (literally they said, "well everything looks great on your app, do you have any questions for us....." I'm not even kidding). The only thing that kept me from sending in the deposit was the cost of living and the fact that they hadn't had a class match yet. Otherwise go and enjoy and don't listen to the people who say its like going to school in a factory. The school is actually quite nice.

Members don't see this ad :)
gluck...either in the interview..or when you gamble..or both :)

I gambled on Saturday and finished 4th in a Hold 'em tournament, scoring $189 on my $65 buy-in. :)

I interviewed on Monday, and got a pretty good vibe as a result. Hopefully, the luck spreads instead of being used up during my poker tourney. :) I will find out tomorrow!

Good luck Stringer. I'll be hitting Vegas next week, but just for one night unfortunately. I wonder if I can cram in any fun in that timeframe... we shall soon find out.

Good luck Stringer. I'll be hitting Vegas next week, but just for one night unfortunately. I wonder if I can cram in any fun in that timeframe... we shall soon find out.

If it helps, Sunset Station in Henderson has table games, and at the very least, you can take advantage of the slot machines in the airport, if you're flying. :) Where are you coming in from?

If it helps, Sunset Station in Henderson has table games, and at the very least, you can take advantage of the slot machines in the airport, if you're flying. :) Where are you coming in from?

Good ole' Boston. It would be very cool to try living it up on the west side for a while. As far as hotels go, I already picked the Monte Carlo... I just have to be on the strip. Might be a hefty cab fare to the school though haha.

Good ole' Boston. It would be very cool to try living it up on the west side for a while. As far as hotels go, I already picked the Monte Carlo... I just have to be on the strip. Might be a hefty cab fare to the school though haha.

On the bright side, after the interview session is over, the applicants usually talk to each other about splitting cabs and stuff. Besides which, just hit it big on the craps table, and the trip may just pay for itself. ;) Or at least for the cab ride.

FYI - Roger Corbman loves craps.

On the bright side, after the interview session is over, the applicants usually talk to each other about splitting cabs and stuff. Besides which, just hit it big on the craps table, and the trip may just pay for itself. ;) Or at least for the cab ride.

FYI - Roger Corbman loves craps.

Haha thanks, I'll try to use that tidbit to my advantage.

Hey everyone. I'm new to the site, but am hoping to hear soon from Tuoro-NV. I'm in Colorado and would love to be that close, but still far enough away to focus.
Good luck to everyone and hopefully there's enough room for all of us!

Kahuna-dont go to the brewpub in the Monte Carlo, their beer stinks.

That's too bad... have you only had one bad experience there or is it consistently horribel?

Steiner, I just checked out your Round 3, how did you score a 38 on the MCAT???? Damn, if I get into Touro & want to be in my study group?? :)

True that Marianne11...Hey Steiner did you only test once, or what?

Yeah, one test-August of 2004

Studied for the most of one summer-I think I posted my exact study schedule and everything back then if you look at my previous posts it may be available.

That's too bad... have you only had one bad experience there or is it consistently horribel?

Consistently trash.

If you're staying at the Monte Carlo, you could go to the Hofbrauhaus on Paradise and Harmon for authentic German Beer and Food (free soft pretzels during happy hour). There is an Irish Pub in The New York New York called Nine Fine Irishmen thats OK, and up Tropicana, next to the Orleans is McMullans-which is good. If you just want to buy good beer to drink in the hotel go to Lee's Discount Liquor (If you come to Vegas this will become a very familiar spot) on Las Vegas BLVD out near the South Point, probably a ten minute cab ride out and back from your hotel.

I will be in anyone's study group, but I'm not sure how much help I'll be.

I will be in anyone's study group, but I'm not sure how much help I'll be.

Assuming you've stopped at the discount liquor store before the study session, you'll be a help....

I'll be in Vegas in 2 days, can't fricking wait! I was just going to go for a couple of days, but I realized how ridiculous that was and made it a solid 4 day trip. Woohoo!

Kahuna-you still planning on meeting us at the Roadrunner Friday night?

Which Roadrunner? Who's all going? I live in Henderson :)

Is anyone else waiting to hear from Touro-NV?? They meet tomorrow to decide my fate, and I get the decision on Friday. :scared: :scared: :scared:

The Roadrunner on Eastern and the 215, a few of us will be there between 9:30 & 10:00 this Friday. Come out (hopefully with good news to celebrate). We're going to try and get a bunch of seats out by the fire pit, but if not we'll just get some tables.

We were told that we could call Roger on his cell late (between 8 & 9 Thursday night) and find out the decision if you want to get it before Friday morning.

The Roadrunner on Eastern and the 215, a few of us will be there between 9:30 & 10:00 this Friday. Come out (hopefully with good news to celebrate). We're going to try and get a bunch of seats out by the fire pit, but if not we'll just get some tables.

I got in!! :) How will I recognize you?? Who's all going? I'll be there. You see my pic, so you know what I look like. :)

I got in!! :) How will I recognize you?? Who's all going? I'll be there. You see my pic, so you know what I look like. :)

a few people are going and I had Roger Corbman pass out the info to the interviewees yesterday. I'll be wearing a white and green baseball hat and blue shorts. I'll try to get seats around the fire pit. If not I'll tell the bouncer where the group from Touro is and you can ask him. Between 9:30-10:00

So I have an interview on the 16th. anybody know how many spots are left?

Sorry about missing out on the gathering, but my plans changed and I went back to Boston on Friday. I hope you guys all had a great time.

Can't wait to hear from the school on Friday, if I get in I shall be one happy dude.

So I have an interview on the 16th. anybody know how many spots are left?

At the interview on April 5th, we were told that 121/134 seats were filled up. I think those were the numbers.

Thanks Kahuna.

I have another question. What kinda of health insurance if any do they offer at Touro?

Thanks Kahuna.

I have another question. What kinda of health insurance if any do they offer at Touro?

From what I remember I believe you have to get your own health insurance plan. There may be something that the school offers, but I don't recall hearing about it.

At the interview on April 5th, we were told that 121/134 seats were filled up. I think those were the numbers.

those were the numbers, but if you remember at lunch Roger mentioned that he had someone cancel that day, so i think there were 14 seats left as of last thursday...

Thanks everyone. Good Luck to you all. Hope to see you this fall.

i just talked to a med student here, who also had an interview with T-LV. He was telling me how they told him that class had high dropout rate because LV is very close. He even mentioned that some were becoming gambling addicts...

again, I heard it...

i just talked to a med student here, who also had an interview with T-LV. He was telling me how they told him that class had high dropout rate because LV is very close. He even mentioned that some were becoming gambling addicts...

again, I heard it...

that's odd, because the people i talked to consistently talked about the fact that they have a very low attrition rate. gambling addicts? i would seriously question the validity of that statement - it seems rather far fetched for multiple students smart enough and goal oreinted enough to get into med school to suddenly drop out and become a gambling addict. if that is true, i would propose the possibility that those students would have had issues no matter where they went, as there are distractions and temptations everywhere. the students i met were very clear with the fact that there is no time to gamble, much less become an addict...

also, where is "here"? is he a med student, or an applicant (when did he interview)? could be trying to keep a spot open for himself by downplaying TUCOM-NV...

just my skepticism coming out...

this person is a second year student at Umdnj-som. He was just telling me about his interview experiences at different schools. I guess this was three years ago, so this is probably no longer true.

that's odd, because the people i talked to consistently talked about the fact that they have a very low attrition rate. gambling addicts? i would seriously question the validity of that statement - it seems rather far fetched for multiple students smart enough and goal oreinted enough to get into med school to suddenly drop out and become a gambling addict. if that is true, i would propose the possibility that those students would have had issues no matter where they went, as there are distractions and temptations everywhere. the students i met were very clear with the fact that there is no time to gamble, much less become an addict...

also, where is "here"? is he a med student, or an applicant (when did he interview)? could be trying to keep a spot open for himself by downplaying TUCOM-NV...

just my skepticism coming out...