Touro March 9th Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jesterman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else has an interview on this date?

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck Bamboo511!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I've got an interview at Touro in April. I was wondering if you guys can provide me with some good pointers and tips. This will be my first interview and I am very nervous...Please Help.

What did you think of the college (location, campus, faculty...)?
Which airport did you guys use?
Did you rent a vehicle?
Can I bring a family member along with me on the campus tour?
Where did you stay at?
And How was the actual interview process? Where you guys give multiple essay topics to pick from? What were the interview questions like?

I would really appreciate any suggestions.

Hi,

I've got an interview at Touro in April. I was wondering if you guys can provide me with some good pointers and tips. This will be my first interview and I am very nervous...Please Help.

What did you think of the college (location, campus, faculty...)?
Which airport did you guys use?
Did you rent a vehicle?
Can I bring a family member along with me on the campus tour?
Where did you stay at?
And How was the actual interview process? Where you guys give multiple essay topics to pick from? What were the interview questions like?

I would really appreciate any suggestions.
I had an interview there last week, don't be nervous, it was not as bad as i thought it will be. I came in from the oakland airport and i actually called one of those tranporters the school listed, i'm not good with road directions and i'm definitely glad i did not rent a car cos i would have been lost. yeah you can bring someone with you on the tour, some people did but there isnt much to see though, about three buildings i think. you'll have three choices for your essay question and the questions asked during the interview was not bad at all, the interview feedback really helps so you should check that out.
concerning the location, the school is located on an old naval base so don't be so surprised, they have a high tech classroom though, really nice.
i stayed at the quality inn, they have a free shuttle that takes you to the school, i advise you go with the hotel shuttle cos the school is not easy to find.
Remember, DON'T talk toooo much during the interview
let me know if you have any more questions, u can PM if you want.

Bamboo511, Thank you for so much all the great information regarding the interview.

Hi Bamboo511,

I hope your interview went well. I can't tell exactly how mine went since I don't know what they are looking for. None of the questions they asked stumped me but what I'm worried about is whether I came off as too "dominating". There were 5 of us total and I felt like there were three of us who talked a lot more, with one person talking signifantly more among the three. Then, there is the person who didn't talk much, but would wait to hear what the others would say, then repackage the answer in a more eloquent and consise way, and I saw the interviewer right down notes for that person as if it was their original idea (well, I'm not sure what they're writing, it could be "copycat" for all I know. . .LOL)! We'll see on Thursday or Friday what the verdict is.

One interviewer was very nice, considerate, genuine, enthusiastic--definitely a very good representative for Touro. The other, I thought was a bit rude. She seemed to be disengaged at times during our responses, was picking at her nails, interrupted a lot, didn't give everyone a chance to answer the question that would ask by answering it herself.

But anyway, I was very impressed by the candidates there. The admissions committee really has a hard job.

I thought the day was pretty relaxed. I like how they gave us face time with Dean Knapp who was very nice. I like the 2+2 program and how they emphasize development of our clinical skills. I like the technology that they have and the classrooms itself are nice. The campus is not too great. There are no food places on or even off the island in the immediate area. I would feel very isolated there.

our interview sounds similar also, i liked the dean, she was really nice and she was very interested in the students. the one thing i did not like about the school was the location also and how everything was off campus and i didn't like Vallejo that much either. our interviewers were pretty nice and they paid good attention to us.
oh well, we just have to wait and see what happens