Touro - MI Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GProteinStar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody interviewing at Touro-MI on or around the 30th and excited about it?? :D

Members don't see this ad.

Well I'm interviewing at Touro-MI on Feb. 20th...but I didn't think that counted as being "on or around the 30th" of Jan. :p But yes, I'm excited!

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck MaLiiYaDuktuur! Is it one of your top schools? I'll let you know how it goes. :)

Good luck!!! I have my interview on Feb. 5th

Good Job to everyone who has interviews!
I just interviewed in january and was accepted. I am still waiting for a few more schools post interview before making my final decison.
However, since I was just there....please feel free to PM me if you want to chat re: the school.
Marcia

Good luck!!! I have my interview on Feb. 5th

Good luck pre-med Ned! I also interviewed at LECOM-Bradenton recently. :)

Good Job to everyone who has interviews!
I just interviewed in january and was accepted. I am still waiting for a few more schools post interview before making my final decison.
Marcia

Thanks Marciah! I just sent you a PM. Also, what other schools are you considering?

Gprotein-
What did you think of it?

Gprotein-
What did you think of it?

I really like PBL plus everyone on campus was really super-nice! I am currently a high school teacher and think I would gain a lot from the autodidactic curriculum. Plus, the location is great! I actually went to the beaches on Bradenton in the middle of winter and it was 80+ degrees!

On the downside they only do prosections (unless you want to work summer doing all of the dissections) and the library is pretty small (although they indicated that they could and would order anything that we needed.

Overall, I loved it! I just have a few more interviews before I really decide which school is best for me and where my husband can find a good job. It seems like every place has pros and cons and it's such a stressful decision!

I think I interviewed with you at TU-MI. Were you into community health specifically, or am I mistaken?

I'll also be interviewing on the 30th... See you all there :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Digital01 and RubberToe: Are ya'll staying in the quality inn? I know it burned down recently and they were going to book me at the comfort inn and then they called back and said that the quality inn was back in business!

Digital01 and RubberToe: Are ya'll staying in the quality inn? I know it burned down recently and they were going to book me at the comfort inn and then they called back and said that the quality inn was back in business!

I was originally booked to stay at the Quality Inn, but due to the fire was moved to the Comfort Inn. See you on the shuttle-bus :)

how long after you were complete did you hear about an inteview invite from TUCOM

I was originally booked to stay at the Quality Inn, but due to the fire was moved to the Comfort Inn. See you on the shuttle-bus :)

i literally stayed there the day after the inn burned down. The hotel is shaped like an L and then in the space in front there (and as a completly seperate building) there was another block of rooms and the restaurant. That block/rest. is what caught fire, leaving the main "L" of the hotel completly unscathed.

It was not a problem. However, if the Comfort inn is willing to shuttle you guys then that is also a good alternative.
:)

Within a week, but I submitted October and they were booked until Jan 30. Good luck!

Good luck MaLiiYaDuktuur! Is it one of your top schools? I'll let you know how it goes. :)

Oooh it's almost your day! Good luck to you too. :D

It is one of my top schools but we'll see what happens with my #1 first. :cool:

anyone interviewing next Monday (2/5)??

Yay! I am in!!!!!!!! :) Happy girl over here. :)

did dr. haight reply to your email before you got your results?

Thanks digital01!

Hey I interviewed there couple of days ago. How long did you get a response back after your interview

Drdonuts, did you interview on Tuesday with my group?? I emailed Dr. Haight and he sent me an email on Friday but I don't know that everyone got an email.

Just heard back from Touro - Henderson with my first acceptance!, so I'm going to be somewhere!, hopefully I hear back positively from Mare Island as well!

I just recieved my secondary in the mail today, not sure if I will fill it out...its kinda late in the game.

I just recieved my secondary in the mail today, not sure if I will fill it out...its kinda late in the game.

have any other acceptances?...you'll hear back within the week about an interview.

Just heard back from Touro - Henderson with my first acceptance!, so I'm going to be somewhere!, hopefully I hear back positively from Mare Island as well!

Congratulations Digital01!

Thank you!, i'm anxiously awaiting Mare Island!, was that your top choice?

Anyone else hear back from our group?

Just got my acceptance!

Congratulations digital01!!! Is this where you'll be going for sure? Mare Island was my top choice but I just got back from NY and their school looks pretty amazing as well!!

Most likely, I have a friend from undergrad that is accepted as well to MI, you mean Touro-NY? or NYCOM?

and Thanks!!

I'm excited about cali!

Touro-NY... definitely worth checking out. AMAZING!

nice, I dunno about living in Harlem :)

how was the campus though? I'm a bit hesitant to go to a brand new school, though it does have the Touro name behind it.

nice, I dunno about living in Harlem :)

who says anything about living in harlem?
lots of housing choices in the city.
Lots of public transportation to choose from as well.

$ talks for the best location spots obviously.

but yes new program.. weary as well but from few doctors i have had this discussion with, they all said NYC is one of the better places to get clinical experiences... you'll just see more diversity/pathology compared to other parts of the US.

My concern is... residency placement?
and like you have mentioned.. housing.. so damn... expensive!

Haha, yea I know, I wouldn't have to live in Harlem, and it may not be as bad as I think anyways because I have never been to NYC at all. I think more of what is keeping me away is the newness and cold weather ;). I'm a Florida boy.

who says anything about living in harlem?
lots of housing choices in the city.
Lots of public transportation to choose from as well.

$ talks for the best location spots obviously.

but yes new program.. weary as well but from few doctors i have had this discussion with, they all said NYC is one of the better places to get clinical experiences... you'll just see more diversity/pathology compared to other parts of the US.

My concern is... residency placement?
and like you have mentioned.. housing.. so damn... expensive!