Touro-MI vs. CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saraeee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could give me some insight into the differences (pros and cons) between Touro-MI and CCOM. I loved CCOM and have an interview scheduled for Touro but am debating whether to go or not. :)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Saraeee said:
I was wondering if someone could give me some insight into the differences (pros and cons) between Touro-MI and CCOM. I loved CCOM and have an interview scheduled for Touro but am debating whether to go or not. :)

Thanks!

i interviewed at both these places and Touro seems to be an alright school, but its very small and reletively new (total of 3 buildings). Being in northern california is a huge bonus though. They were a little vague and did not attempt to explain how/where the 3rd and 4th years take place. i didnt like that. the students i talked to were pretty passive and less eager to talk about their experience than CCOM.

I think CCOM is more established, has a better rep, and has much better facilities. I am from northern cal, and would love to return to the bay area, but I would still choose CCOM, despite location etc... People were uber-friendly here, almost to the point where it was awkward (not a neg).

I haven't started at CCOM yet, so I can't help you too much, but I should mention that many people match into programs that are near their med schools. So perhaps you should really ask yourself, "Where do I want to practice after graduation?". When I looked at CCOM's matchlist, I noticed many tend to be around the IL area or surrounding states, so if you like the Chicago/midwest area---CCOM would be good, if not, probably a good idea not to go there.