Touro-NV MHS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toade

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone from past years know when Touro Nevada starts working on the masters of medical health sciences applications? I submitted several months ago and it seems like they're not touching the applications yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone from past years know when Touro Nevada starts working on the masters of medical health sciences applications? I submitted several months ago and it seems like they're not touching the applications yet.

I was wondering the same thing because on the website it says the start accepting apps in Sept, which I thought was a little early.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from them?? Also, do they offer some type of linkage like Western does?

Last edited:
I don't think that is correct Mzeep.

The first charter class was only of seven students and did not have any official linkages but out of the class of 7, 5 matriculated. This time around they expanded their class size to 22-25 and officially have 7-8 seats reserved for linkage back into Touro-NV though they do plan on probably accepting more than that. Beyond this, I'm not positive but one of my current classmates at another DO SMP interviewed here and that is the information that she gave me of the program's status for last cycle.

I don't think that is correct Mzeep.

The first charter class was only of seven students and did not have any official linkages but out of the class of 7, 5 matriculated. This time around they expanded their class size to 22-25 and officially have 7-8 seats reserved for linkage back into Touro-NV though they do plan on probably accepting more than that. Beyond this, I'm not positive but one of my current classmates at another DO SMP interviewed here and that is the information that she gave me of the program's status for last cycle.

Oh I see...I think on the other thread you mentioned there was no formal linkage so I'm assuming that has changed for this cycle? I wasn't aware of that, but thanks for the info jslo!

I applied last week. I know the director told me that deadline is March 15th which is tomorrow. He also told me that half of the seats were filled. I'm hoping I hear back from them soon. I have a friend in the DO and PA program, so I would love to go there for the MHS program. Has anyone else applied? Or heard back? Any feedback would be great! Thank you!

I applied last week. I know the director told me that deadline is March 15th which is tomorrow. He also told me that half of the seats were filled. I'm hoping I hear back from them soon. I have a friend in the DO and PA program, so I would love to go there for the MHS program. Has anyone else applied? Or heard back? Any feedback would be great! Thank you!

i applied back in january and i got accepted today , i received a letter of acceptance in the mail. i am not going to attend because i am gonna be at LMU where i think they have a better program. good luck to you and everyone here :thumbup:

Why LMU vs Touro-MHS? Did they contact you once your application was completed? Thank you for posting!!!

Last edited:
Why LMU vs Touro-MHS? Did they contact you once your application was completed? Thank you for posting!!!

LMU. Guarantee an interview while touro doesn't, also you get to take gross anatomy with first year med students at lmu.
And the tuition is way less at lmu.
Touro sent me a letter of acceptance . I didn't bother much calling since I know where I was going , but you always can call them , Debbie is great there and answers the phone and very helpful .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much Touro-Nv you most of the classes with the first year students. Every school has a give and takes it just depends on how you look at things.

Made the decision today to do the MHS program, anybody else out there going with me?

Members don't see this ad :)
how long ago did you send your application? When did they let you know? Thank you!

Anyone else heading out to Henderson this July?? :) This thread is so quiet!

:soexcited: I guess that's 3 of us!

Sweet!! What are you yall doing for housing? We are thinking of renting a house. Rent seems way cheaper in Whitney than it does in Henderson.

Yay the thread is alive! :) Most likely Remington for me since it's the closest, it's def cheaper to rent a house though!

Hey all,

I hope this isn't too off-topic, I'll be applying to some programs offered by Touro soon. I visited the Henderson campus, and I like the environement-- it seems conducive for learning.

I know Vegas is close by, my question is.. Aside from school, what do you (those accepted/ attending Touro at Henderson) do/plan to do for fun? I wonder since it doesn't seem like there's much around.. I should add that I visited the campus on a whim, on my way back home from Vegas :laugh:
Thanks!

I don't think anyone on this thread is at Henderson yet...could be wrong. I myself have no idea what's over there besides Vegas but on TUN live there were some links under 'living in Southern NV' I think Lake Mead and Red rock canyon were two things I remembered being on the list :) I think if you ask on the TUNCOM class thread you might get better responses since there a lot of current med students on there.

Thanks!

The area around the campus is beautiful though (I love desert horizons), and it seems to be in a developing area, so minimized distractions.

So I'm coming from Utah how about y'all. I'm assuming everybody else is doing this program to get into the DO program, since there is no dental school there.

Did anyone get any updates from Taylor after receiving the acceptance letter? Or do we just wait it out until orientation?

I emailed him and he said he is going to send out a "now what" email sometime. Until then just make sure to fallow all the steps on the school site for financial aid.

Hey all! I also enrolled into the MHS program. Is anyone else hoping to get called off DO waitlist?

Last time I spoke to Taylor he said we should expect an email sometime mid-May to June with more specifics. I also called in after that and Susan told me to send official transcripts to get it out of the way. They used AACOMAS for my grades so that might be why.

Can't believe we start so soon!

Hey all! I also enrolled into the MHS program. Is anyone else hoping to get called off DO waitlist?

Are you waitlisted at Touro-NV? I've heard there's pretty good movement on their waitlist :luck:

Hellooo, everyone. :D

I applied to the MHS program in late March and found out that I had been waitlisted (top 4 on the list) for the July 2011 cohort.
I called Taylor to find out my chances of getting into the program, but he didn't say much about anything (gaaaaah!).

Does anyone know if there's been movement in the MHS waitlist? How do waitlists work in this case? I've called multiple times and no one has given me a straight answer. :(

Hey all! How many of us are in this program? Is there a facebook page started yet for it?

Hey all,
I got word from Taylor yesterday. I'm in the program!! Huzzah! :D I tried looking for a FB page but found none.

Hey all,
I got word from Taylor yesterday. I'm in the program!! Huzzah! :D I tried looking for a FB page but found none.
Yay for you elcie! Someone want to start the FB page so we can all get acquainted? When are you all moving?

I have been living in Vegas for a few years now. If you have any questions about the area feel free to message me! And congrats Elcie.

Thanks! :)
We should create an FB page for all of us to get acquainted. I'm not sure when I'll be moving to NV but I do have some apartment complexes in mind that I will check out pretty soon.

Last edited:
Hey all,

Congrats!! :)

This time next month it'll be orientation!

Last edited:
Hey everybody,

Just reading all these posts, makes me so excited to start the program in July... so soon!

Does anyone know any information about the laptop we are suppose to purchase from the school? I wonder if its necessary, or we can just use our own..its pretty pricy for a 1year program.

Anyone living in remington canyon? :)

Can't wait to meet all of you!

Hey everybody,

Just reading all these posts, makes me so excited to start the program in July... so soon!

Does anyone know any information about the laptop we are suppose to purchase from the school? I wonder if its necessary, or we can just use our own..its pretty pricy for a 1year program.

Anyone living in remington canyon? :)

Can't wait to meet all of you!

Yay!! Join the fb group! Much more excitement over there lol =)

and regarding the laptop, I don't think there's a way around it since they charge you for it regardless =/

Hi everyone!

Did anyone get a schedule for orientation yet, or class schedule?
Anyone living in remington canyon?

So excited, can't wait to see everyone soon! :)