Touro NV vs Franklin Pierce NH

Started by ken chow
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ken chow

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got accepted into both schools and I'm having trouble deciding which one. If anyone has some input it would be much appreciated. Thank you
 
Everyone has their own way of making a pros and cons list. However, if I was in your position, I'd ask myself 5 questions ranked by priority.

1. what's the total tuition+school fees for both programs after completion? (might want to include COL as well)
2. What is the graduation rate/ first time pass rate for the program?
3. Clinical rotation(Each school does it differently. My program does six clinical rotations, other programs may do just 3)
4. student/teacher ratio
5. School's reputation

After you do your list however you see fit, I'd recommend that you find a way to communicate with students from the previous cohorts and ask about their opinion.

It's a huge investment, so take all the time you need to research!
 
I don't go to either school, but I know that FPU NH has Josh Cleland teaching musculoskeletal and manual therapy. I guarantee that no matter what program you choose, you'll end up either reading a book or research article conducted by Cleland, so it would be a great experience to be taught by him in person.

Here's a link to his bio:
http://www.franklinpierce.edu/academics/bios/cleland.htm
 
I got interested in this feed because I'm going to Touro NV. Without looking into it too many details you probably don't want to hear this but it's pretty much sixes. The tuition is about the same they have the same number of clinical weeks (32) and the pass rate seems to be around the same. I have no idea what COL is like in NH but if it's around the same it sounds like it will just come down to where you would rather live.