Touro-NV!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clement

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got my first interview invite! AAAH!!
Any accomodation tips anyone? They sent me a list of students willing to house us kids...Anyone opt for this route? Feel free to PM me as well!

What a coincidence-since I recently posted the "Life in Henderson" thread!

Yippy!
PS: I'm a girl...What do I wear? Is it really formal?

Members don't see this ad.

Any accomodation tips anyone? They sent me a list of students willing to house us kids...Anyone opt for this route? Feel free to PM me as well!

Yippy!

is it formal? its a med school interview...you should wear nothing less than a business suit (pant or skirt suit). this is a professional interview, treat it as such. :cool:

Yippy!

the fact that you didnt know it was formal makes me think (and this is an assumption) that you haven't interviewed much.

May I suggest that you find an advisor at the school you are at now or whatever and practice being grilled.

Interviewing is one of those skills that gets better with practice. You don't want to walk into your first interview without having at least dipped your feet in the pool.

Members don't see this ad :)

Yippy!

be as conservative as possible...skirt suit, solid-color collared button-down shirt, some nice pumps, minimal jewlery and make up.

I just interviewed on the 18th and I'll tell you what I learned. If you can stay with a student do. I wished I would have but I stayed at the "Fabulous" Fiesta Henderson and it wasn't too bad. Also it is right by the school and it was only $44 total. I can not stress how important it is to NOT TAKE A CAB to your interview. I scheduled mine an hour early and it never showed. Luckily I called the school and Roger, the Director of Amissions was awesome enough to send a secretary to pick me up. Which, by the way, was really nice, something I wouldn't expect a lot of schools to do. Other than that, the interview was so laid back and a great experience for my first interview. Relax and get as much info as you can. And , I don't think you need to be told again, but do wear a suit (pants, skirt, whatever).:thumbup:

Yippy!

I just interviewed on the 18th and I'll tell you what I learned. If you can stay with a student do. I wished I would have but I stayed at the "Fabulous" Fiesta Henderson and it wasn't too bad. Also it is right by the school and it was only $44 total. I can not stress how important it is to NOT TAKE A CAB to your interview. I scheduled mine an hour early and it never showed. Luckily I called the school and Roger, the Director of Amissions was awesome enough to send a secretary to pick me up. Which, by the way, was really nice, something I wouldn't expect a lot of schools to do. Other than that, the interview was so laid back and a great experience for my first interview. Relax and get as much info as you can. And , I don't think you need to be told again, but do wear a suit (pants, skirt, whatever).:thumbup:

Thanks...Yea, the staff sounds really cool. I'm about a 45min flight away, so not sure if I will stay the night, but would definitely like to meet some students.
PS: Does Dr. Foreman do the interviews? (not sure if that was his name)...I'll see if I can find any questions.

Thanks...Yea, the staff sounds really cool. I'm about a 45min flight away, so not sure if I will stay the night, but would definitely like to meet some students.
PS: Does Dr. Foreman do the interviews? (not sure if that was his name)...I'll see if I can find any questions.

No he doesn't do the interviews. Only faculty and staff do (no Dean) and you will meet plenty of students during the day. Best of luck.

I stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites. I thought it was pretty decent. They also serve a hot breakfast and have comfortable-clean rooms. Very close to campus.

Certainly wear a nice navy or black suit. Don't sweat it too much. Just be yourself.

:luck: Best of luck and have fun!:luck:

I am wearing a g-string and nipple tassels to my interviews! Yay!