Touro NY supplemental application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

52PharmD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I can't not find supplemental application for Touro NY
Help, please:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

They're still busy admitting people for entrance class of 08. they'll get to entrance class 09 soon, hopefully

Really?
Thank you for letting me know:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Any updates on Touro's supplemental?

I know that the interviews don't begin until March.

Sparda29, can you ask admissions when they'll realistically release the supplemental application?

I've ask them the same question in August and the response was supplemental application will be on school website in mid September.

I understand they're busy with the new class so there will be delays.

Hey just giving an update on Touro's supplemental application. I emailed them a few weeks back about when their supplemental application will be available and their minimum PCAT requirement. They got back to me yesterday. There's no minimum for the PCAT but Dr. Lois Garland-Patterson stressed to me do your absolute best.

With regards to the supplemental application, he said it should become available in late October on their website. Maybe it will be in a few days, just keep checking the website I guess. Good luck all!

Touro Supplemental will not be available until November 10th. I got an email from Touro itself

November tenth is long gone, has anyone heard any news regarding the supp?

I know, it seems like they just keep pushing it back. They should stop teasing us just to give us a date and instead give themselves enough time, like saying january or february. It would be better than constantly having the piece of meat on a string dangled in front of me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that the interviews don't begin until March.

Well, if Touro NY don't plan on conducting their interviews till March then, I don't think they are in a big hurry to crank out their supplementals neither.

I don't even think Touro will go with Supp.
They will just go with PharmCAS app and call it a day.

Yeah, but for me, it's an organizational thing. It would be nice if I can mark Touro 'done' and not have to worry about it.

Don't know if I should even bnother, but what's the word on the Touro-NY supp apps?

I don't even think Touro will go with Supp.
They will just go with PharmCAS app and call it a day.
I doubt it because supplemental applications bring in more money. They don't even have to ask essay questions if they don't want to bother reading them. Just have the applicant fill out his/her contact info, include the supp fee, and then have him/her mail it out (like how some schools do now).

I emailed them last week and they responded yesterday: "The supplemental application will be available on our website www.touro.edu/pharmacy by the middle of December 2008."
:thumbup:

hahahahahaha...they told me in October it would be available November 10th. I don't mind to wait as I know they are busy, but if you say you will release it at a certain date...then do it.

Who wants to bet it will not be available until january???

People, People stop being pain! It is a brand new school and with that comes unforseen technical mayhem. Truth to be told, Touro is not the first choice for most of the applicants. So people stop complaining and chill. They may even do with out the supp and selectively choose whoever they may think will be perfect for the school. Remember, the first two incoming classes are critcal and they will scrutinize the applicants to make a good breed of selection. If your numbers and accomplishments are good, DO NOT WORRY, they rather have you.

Last edited:
There will be a supplemental. It should not take you longer than an hour or two to complete. Their deadline is Feb. 2nd. There will be plenty of time for you to complete the supplemental. And, P.S. they are accepting Jan PCATs.

Can you elaborate more on the program. Considering Touro NY, but would like to know more info please.

I received an email saying that the supplemental will be online 1/5/09.

Who wants to bet it will not be available until january???[/quote]

I do...:)

They just confirmed that their supplementary application will be available online on January 5th...next Monday.

I received the same email too! I wonder when they'll start interviewing. Probably in Feb. or March since their supp will be available Jan. 5th!

Yep got the same email here too! Im waiting to fill it out and send it asap! I hope theres no stupid essays on it... :oops:

I also received the e mail and I guess they send it to all their applicants. For the essay, It might be something short or concise like why Touro, Why pharmacy, any challenges faced by Pharmcist and how you would you do something different given the chance, tell us about yourself, something along that line. Also, if you look at the pharmacy thread of last year you will see that some students were notified as late as september going into october and i'm sure by then you've heard from all the schools you have applied to.

days half over, still not ****.

Last edited:
Not a good sign. :scared:. What are you guys thinking, i'm not sold with this school. One word Bailout

you're absolutely right. we're all thankful that you were able to locate and direct us to it. thank you so much, and its a shame you weren't hear in november, I'm sure it was up then.

You guys must be like those pharmacy techs do a half-assed job looking for a drug on the shelf, telling the patient it is out of stock, and then when I go to look, I find it immediately.

THE TOURO NY SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION IS UP!!!!

Here is the link:

http://www.touro.edu/pharmacy/suplapp.pdf

Why so many essays? Every school that I have applied to wants an additional essay asking me the same question I answered on my personal statement. I can't take it!!!! :smuggrin:

O.k Redemtion to say the least, but it is never too late. :thumbup:

How are you guys who went to a school on the quarter system filling out the app?

There aren't enough spaces to fill in all my labs and lectures for chem and bio, since they only designate enough spaces for semester schools.

And also.. I took one quarter of biochem which was 4 quarter units (2.67 semester units).. does that mean I have to take ANOTHER quarter of biochem? In that case.. should I even bother applying to Touro at all??:confused:

Does Touro provide stafford loans or is it those private rip off loans. anybody

Does Touro provide stafford loans or is it those private rip off loans. anybody

Good question. Sparda? What kind of loans you been getting from Touro?

I hope you say both federal and private loans are available.

Wow after doing this supplemental I have come to hate adobe typewriter with a passion. I sent it in today is that going to be a problem or as long as its postmarked Feb 2nd ?

Does anyone know when interview invites will be sent out? The supp says interviews will be held from 02/15 - end of March...Kind of getting close.

Does anyone know when interview invites will be sent out? The supp says interviews will be held from 02/15 - end of March...Kind of getting close.

I believe Sparda wrote many months ago that the bulk of the interviews were planned for March.

I just got an email stating my file is under review. I would think invites would be sent out some time this month....

:xf:

The interview invites should start soon. I'm not sure if they meant on the PharmCAS site that the interview process starts on 2/15 or if invites start on 2/15.

However, I hope they do give plenty of notice when it comes time for an interview. When I got called for one, they called me at 6PM Wednesday and wanted me to come in at 9AM Thursday, I had to reschedule that for 9AM Tuesday because there was no way that I'd be able to get everything ready within 13 hours. Then again, it was the summer(tight schedule) and I do live right outside of NYC.

you received a conformation email transformer? I didn't hear anything from them yet. I could not update my pharmcas to include my january PCAT. do u think they will still accept it if i just send it later on to touro? Do u guys know if this school has high expectation in GPA for their applicant?

you received a conformation email transformer? I didn't hear anything from them yet. I could not update my pharmcas to include my january PCAT. do u think they will still accept it if i just send it later on to touro? Do u guys know if this school has high expectation in GPA for their applicant?

Yes I got an email confirming they've already received my supplemental application.

I also emailed Touro and was told they do accept the January PCAT. So, I'm hoping they make a final decision after observing my Jan PCAT scores in March. We'll see...

Not sure what you mean by "high expectation." Although, I do expect the average GPA for this year's class to be higher than last years...it only gets more competitive every year.