Touro prereqs HELP?

Started by Ayuka001
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ayuka001

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys.

Touro requires:
Human Anatomy and Physiology with lab : 6 quarter hours
Microbiology : 6 quarter hours


my school offers:
1. Mibrobiology (4 units) + Lab (3 units) = 7 units is this okay that I use the lab units to meet the 6 quarter hours Touro wants? Also, would "public health microbiology" count?

2. Human anatomy and physiology w/lab = 5 units. I'm missing a unit for Touro! Would I need to take another, making it 10 units? (I'm already maxing out my units and idk if my school will let me take these classes my major doesn't require)

Thank you !
 
Last edited:
Hi guys.

Touro requires:
Human Anatomy and Physiology with lab : 6 quarter hours
Microbiology : 6 quarter hours


my school offers:
1. Mibrobiology (4 units) + Lab (3 units) = 7 units is this okay that I use the lab units to meet the 6 quarter hours Touro wants?

2. Human anatomy and physiology w/lab = 5 units. I'm missing a unit for Touro! Would I need to take another, making it 10 units? (I'm already maxing out my units and idk if my school will let me take these classes my major doesn't require)

Thank you !


Note they require quarter hours, not semester hours. Do you have quarter units or semester units ? I ask because they count differently.

Typically speaking if you have semester units, you would multiple them by 1.5.

So for example, like you, I had 7 units worth of microbiology - that's 10.5 quarter hours worth of mico and far exceeding Touro requirement.
 
Note they require quarter hours, not semester hours. Do you have quarter units or semester units ? I ask because they count differently.

Typically speaking if you have semester units, you would multiple them by 1.5.

So for example, like you, I had 7 units worth of microbiology - that's 10.5 quarter hours worth of mico and far exceeding Touro requirement.

I have quarter units unfortunately, so only 7 units.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Note they require quarter hours, not semester hours. Do you have quarter units or semester units ? I ask because they count differently.

Typically speaking if you have semester units, you would multiple them by 1.5.

So for example, like you, I had 7 units worth of microbiology - that's 10.5 quarter hours worth of mico and far exceeding Touro requirement.

Yep, I think this is right.
 
Hi everyone!
I was thinking to start a new thread re Touro prereqs, but since there is one, so I thought it's ok to continue. I would like some advice on where to prereqs in NYC. Would love to hear your experience. 🙂Based on my research so far I'm thinking to take those at Kingsborough CC. 😕What do you think? I will appreciate any information.
 
I did a few pre reqs in bmcc and one in Brooklyn college. Any cc or cuny will be acceptable in Touro NYC. Go for one that is close to you so u could make it to class and do well. I learned that even it is a cc, it does not mean that they will take it easy on you. Being a post grad student, i learned that Cc classes are almost just as challenging as university classes. Both good education but cuny system is a fraction of the price!