Touro University - Nevada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dtones

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just trying to get get some information on the program. (Like tuition, unit loads, do they have a cadaver lab?) Would appreciate if any current students can give some info!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I agree, any help would be appreciated. I just got accepted and really can't find too much info either.

I did however contact someone on here about the program. I asked how many online classes there were and she said that last semester they had one (clinical decision making) and this semester they have 2 classes online (research methods and stats and pharmacology in PT). She also said that they are not really the traditional online classes, but rather the lecture is over the phone. Not really sure how that works, but that is all the info I have. Hope this helps.

Are you considering applying or have you been accepted?

yeahh I have been accepted there as well but find it odd that there is not even tuition information. I emailed the school regarding where this information could be found and havent heard anything back...

Members don't see this ad :)
I also got accepted, when did u guys get your acceptance letter? Have you mailed your deposit yet??? I really wish the website had at least a class listing!

I also got accepted, when did u guys get your acceptance letter? Have you mailed your deposit yet??? I really wish the website had at least a class listing!

Yea, I got mine Monday :) How about you?

There is a class listing, it is in the 2009-2010 catalog on the website. Pg 124 starts the PT info. Here is the link:
http://tun.touro.edu/programs/programs-chhs-pt.php

On the side where it says catalog, download/open that. Hope this helps a little.

Last edited:
yeahh I have been accepted there as well but find it odd that there is not even tuition information. I emailed the school regarding where this information could be found and havent heard anything back...

Glad to hear I am not the only one having some serious issues with their website. There really is not a lot of info out there. I will say though, that in my search, the only thing I could do was skim the catalog and handbook. I found something on tuition on pg 29 of the catalog. Link is in my post above. It is not really clear, but should give a rough idea. Basically, I know I am going to be in debt for A WHILE! lol

Hope this helps.

Has anyone asked them about their tentative accredation? like what happens to students if for some reason they dont receive it? Im planning on calling the school monday but just wondering if anyone had already asked this and the answer they got

dtones -

the only info I got was that they can get accredited after their first class graduates. Would love to know what you find out when you call though.

After doing a google search for pictures of Touro University Nevada I came across this website with a lot of useful info, pics of campus, housing options.
http://www.tunlive.com/

Thanks for the website!

I called last week and asked about accreditation. They gave the speel I got before about how they cannot be accredited until their first class graduates. I was also told that the woman starting the program has successfully started three other DPT programs that have been accredited. After all that, I asked by the off chance that they don't get accredited, what happens? She said they will get us into another program and take care of us. They do not really have a system set up for if this happens yet, but they help us out if it does happen. Hope this helps some of you.

Is anyone going to go visit the campus?

Thanks for the website!

I called last week and asked about accreditation. They gave the speel I got before about how they cannot be accredited until their first class graduates. I was also told that the woman starting the program has successfully started three other DPT programs that have been accredited. After all that, I asked by the off chance that they don't get accredited, what happens? She said they will get us into another program and take care of us. They do not really have a system set up for if this happens yet, but they help us out if it does happen. Hope this helps some of you.

Is anyone going to go visit the campus?

Thanks for the information!! I had a Vegas trip planned for April, so I might just swing by and take a tour! By the way did you ask them about financial aid or scholarships??

just some fyi...

orientation is on July 1 and 2 and class starts on the 5th.

have any of you decided to go there for sure?

just some fyi...

orientation is on July 1 and 2 and class starts on the 5th.

have any of you decided to go there for sure?

Pending the results of an interview at another school I'm pretty much set on going to Touro.. What about you???

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in the process of applying as well, if you don't mind what are your stats? How long did the process take? Did you interview? Have you decided to attend or go elsewhere (and why) Anything else you could share would be great.

Im about 99% on Touro, waitlisted at another school but I dont think Ill wait around to see if I get in there. Im going down to tour the school at the end of march, hopefully its as nice as those pics from tunlive show. How far ahead are you going to look for housing?

Super excited to start class in July though...120 degrees...:thumbup:

Im about 99% on Touro, waitlisted at another school but I dont think Ill wait around to see if I get in there. Im going down to tour the school at the end of march, hopefully its as nice as those pics from tunlive show. How far ahead are you going to look for housing?

Super excited to start class in July though...120 degrees...:thumbup:

I've started looking for housing already but probably wouldn't move until late june. I've been looking on craigslist and housing looks cheap compared to housing in Los Angeles!!

Have any of you received the informational packet for the school? I was told it would be sent end of Feb/First week of march and have not gotten anything yet

Have any of you received the informational packet for the school? I was told it would be sent end of Feb/First week of march and have not gotten anything yet

I was going to ask the same question! The only thing I got was an email about the updates to their fafsa code.

I was going to ask the same question! The only thing I got was an email about the updates to their fafsa code.

Just got an email from them regarding immunization. I thought all this information was supposed to be mailed out with the packet?

Thats what I thought as well... I emailed Jenya asking about it. I also noticed in the cover letter for the Immunizations that it says the forms need to be in before class starts in August, when I called I was told class starts in July. Ill be visiting campus on the 26th, anyone been there yet?

Glad to hear your all going to Touro.

I have the same thing, I got two emails (one about immunizations and one about the FAFSA), but no packet.

Have any of you heard of a way to maybe find a roomate?

Glad to hear your all going to Touro.

I have the same thing, I got two emails (one about immunizations and one about the FAFSA), but no packet.

Have any of you heard of a way to maybe find a roomate?

The tunlive.com website has a classified section that has a roomate section.

unfortunately I will not be joining ya'll anymore at Touro, but good luck to all of you and congrats to whoever my spot goes to!

I drove by Touro on a Vegas vacation and checked out the neighborhood. Unfortunately I didn't have time to go inside and talk with them. As far as the area and the outside of the school, it looks very beautiful and new. Lots of great shopping areas...

I was wondering if anybody had a chance to visit the campus.

Also, I checked the tuition fee on their catalog and is it $8,150 X 3semester per year? It's kind of confusing how they explained it.

thanks

I'm planning on visiting the campus in May so I'll keep you posted. Just curious do u plan on attending in the summer?

I visited the campus over spring break and got a tour... Everything is pretty new, there are commons areas with tables and chairs for group studying and the treatment tables are all brand new. The faculty member we spoke with said they use a camera and projectors when giving examples of manual therapy to project the image on the wall so everyone doesnt have to huddle around one table. They also have treatment rooms with cameras in them where we will work with "patients" (acting students from UNLV) while being observed by the faculty for assessment. They have a small work out gym but also a bigger gym with a basketball court. We didnt get to go see the cadaver lab but we were told that the DO students do the dissecting and then PT students get the body, Jenya also told us that there is a great air system so the formadehyde scent is not so strong. She told us that overall the program should cost about 75k for the 3 years. Students are required to purchase a laptop through the school, which is synched to their system and they have IT support for on campus. the school is open from 6am to 2am and you will have an ID card that will give you access anytime between those hours.

The faculty we spoke with were really excited to be part of developing the program at Touro and said they take the feedback from students seriously so as to better adapt the program to the needs of the students. I was told that while they do have sites designated for clinicals if you have a place in mind that you would like to go they can work with you to try and make it possible. The only thing that is still unclear, for me, is the deal with FASFA, I get anxious waiting and thinking about all that money:scared:

There was a lot of information that she gave us so if there was something I didnt mention let me know :)

I visited the campus over spring break and got a tour... Everything is pretty new, there are commons areas with tables and chairs for group studying and the treatment tables are all brand new. The faculty member we spoke with said they use a camera and projectors when giving examples of manual therapy to project the image on the wall so everyone doesnt have to huddle around one table. They also have treatment rooms with cameras in them where we will work with "patients" (acting students from UNLV) while being observed by the faculty for assessment. They have a small work out gym but also a bigger gym with a basketball court. We didnt get to go see the cadaver lab but we were told that the DO students do the dissecting and then PT students get the body, Jenya also told us that there is a great air system so the formadehyde scent is not so strong. She told us that overall the program should cost about 75k for the 3 years. Students are required to purchase a laptop through the school, which is synched to their system and they have IT support for on campus. the school is open from 6am to 2am and you will have an ID card that will give you access anytime between those hours.

The faculty we spoke with were really excited to be part of developing the program at Touro and said they take the feedback from students seriously so as to better adapt the program to the needs of the students. I was told that while they do have sites designated for clinicals if you have a place in mind that you would like to go they can work with you to try and make it possible. The only thing that is still unclear, for me, is the deal with FASFA, I get anxious waiting and thinking about all that money:scared:

There was a lot of information that she gave us so if there was something I didnt mention let me know :)

Just wondering but did she mention anything about how long the financial aid process would take? Like from the time the new financial aid code is working and all forms are filled out how long will it take to receive money?

she just kept repeating that as soon as they were approved with the schools number she would let us know so we could apply and she redirected everything else to the Bursars office. I had tried to set up a meeting with an advisor but no one every called me back. My guess would be a few weeks, but if you know anyone else in a PT program elsewhere you may ask them how long it took to find out, Id be interested to hear the timeline.

she just kept repeating that as soon as they were approved with the schools number she would let us know so we could apply and she redirected everything else to the Bursars office. I had tried to set up a meeting with an advisor but no one every called me back. My guess would be a few weeks, but if you know anyone else in a PT program elsewhere you may ask them how long it took to find out, Id be interested to hear the timeline.

Did they tell how much the required laptop from them would cost?

I think she said about 1200, but that it would have all the programs and applications that you will need for classes already installed; I believe it was a Dell, the girl I was with asked if she already had the same computer would she have to buy a new one from the school and Jenya said she would need to. I asked if we would be able to sell them back to the school when the program is over and she said that it would make sense if we could but since they havent encountered this yet she wasnt 100%.

I am interested in going to the TUN DPT program for the Fall 2010. I was wondering what everyones stats were when they got accepted in the program and if applying in December is early enough? Thanks.

What about the OT program? Is it going under the same kind of building process?

I was just wondering how long it took, after your application was in, that you heard back about acceptance. I have been waiting a couple weeks and heard nothing. For the post about accreditation, Jenya said that if they do not become accredited that they will allow us to finish our program at on of their New York institutions that are accredited. Hope I am able to join all of your there this summer.

Just got my acceptance letter today, and was planning on heading down to check out the campus this weekend. Anyone want to join me?

Just got my acceptance today as well, will be mailing in a check to hold my place tomorrow. Very excited about this but just not completely sure how I feel about the school not being accredited yet. But I guess every program has to start somewhere.

I was accepted in January as well and am stoked! I visited the school and everyone was very friendly - especially Jenya, who showed my mom and I around, and Suzanne Robben Brown. While meeting the department head, several of the professors walked by and made a point to introduce themselves - which I appreciated. I also met a nice first year student and she was willing to answer some of my questions - namely about living in Henderson.

As an outdoor enthusiast and someone who enjoys pastimes other than studying on occasion, I wanted know what students do with the little spare time they have. I'm not looking to head to the strip with any regularity. She said there definitely isn't much time - but students go for hikes, head to Lake Mead (15 min away) and Mt. Charleston ski resort (45 min away), as well as join intramural sports teams. The school is one large building that houses all of the programs, so you are sharing facilities with the DOs, PAs, Nurses etc. I really liked that, as it creates a sense of camaraderie amongst all the students. There is a cadaver lab and the PT students have access to 8 cadavers after the DOs dissect them.

I turned in my deposit the day I visited. I am still waiting to hear from a couple of schools, but am leaning toward Touro. As for housing, it seemed as though most students choose to live in the apartment complexes within a mile of the school. I visited one and it was new, large closets, nice pool area, dog friendly, and with a fitness center. Would like to buy a home though and have a roommate, preferably one with a dog (because mine will need a buddy!) - let me know if anyone is interested.

To those who were accepted already, congratulations! How long did it take to hear from them? My app was mailed 1/14/2011, haven't heard so much of a confirmation email..

To those who were accepted already, congratulations! How long did it take to hear from them? My app was mailed 1/14/2011, haven't heard so much of a confirmation email..

After sending in the supplemental application it took about two weeks for me to get my acceptance letter, so I'm sure you will be hearing back very soon. Good luck!!!!!

Hi. I recently got accepted and mailed in the deposit to secure my spot. I'm waiting to hear back from couple schools too. :D but at least I know I'm finally going to be a pt! Just wanted to get to know future classmates. I'm from LA and definitely looking forward to cheaper housing!!

Hey I was just accepted to the DPT program yesterday! Anyone know much about the program or are there any current students who could give input on their experience so far at Touro?

I would also be interested in hearing from current students about their experiences so far. Thank you!

I just got it today! :D I will be mailing it back ASAP! All your posts helped me a lot thank you future classmates! :)

Congrats!!!!!!

hey congrats everyone for your acceptance letters!
i was accepted as well for starting this july...
really excited! i sent out my deposit..

will be looking for housing and roommates! if anyone is interested :) we can rent out a place or if anyone needs a roommate, let me know :)

cant wait! :)

I actually just went and toured their facility yesterday......I was pleasantly surprised, it was nicer then I thought it would be. I met with a couple faculty members and some 2nd year students and they were all very friendly and obviously had good things to say about the program. I'm sold, I paid my deposit and am excited to start class in July!

I actually just went and toured their facility yesterday......I was pleasantly surprised, it was nicer then I thought it would be. I met with a couple faculty members and some 2nd year students and they were all very friendly and obviously had good things to say about the program. I'm sold, I paid my deposit and am excited to start class in July!

hey DPTbaseball
congrats!
im glad you had a great experience...
looks like we will be classmates! :)
i too am excited to start in july...

I'm just waiting for one more PT Program, if I dont get into that one..im sure going to Touro! I will be looking for a roommate too!! will know in april though...

hey congrats everyone for your acceptance letters!
i was accepted as well for starting this july...
really excited! i sent out my deposit..

will be looking for housing and roommates! if anyone is interested :) we can rent out a place or if anyone needs a roommate, let me know :)

cant wait! :)

Hm...im still not sure how this works...:p not sure if u got my message...I will be interested in roommates too :D!! Im waiting for one more PT program, if I don't get accepted there I will be going to Touro for SURE!:) Will know in April!

Hm...im still not sure how this works...:p not sure if u got my message...I will be interested in roommates too :D!! Im waiting for one more PT program, if I don't get accepted there I will be going to Touro for SURE!:) Will know in April!

hey mos! :) congrats!

and that sounds awesome :) yeah def let me know :) i need a roommate or roommates :D