Touro vs. Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

l3abyt43

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently in CA. I need help deciding whether to attend Touro or Temple. The dean at Touro sounded very confident that the school will receive its full accreditation once its first year pharm students graduate. On the other hand, Temple is already fully accredited. However, Touro is so close to home. I need some advice. Also, do you guys know if Touro allows its students to practice compounding? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

No offense to the Touro students...

but i didn't have good impression with the dean at Touro. yes she is confident, but way over confident. I told her I got my pharmacy tech license from Boston Reed, because she asked. Her response was, "Where is Boston Reed? I have been into pharmacy field and I have never heard of Boston Reed!!" well, lady, now you do. you have never heard of it doesn't mean it never existed!

back to the topic now.. every school says they will be accredited. I am sure the one in Hawaii said that too.. and what was the outcome. Do not invest money and time on something that is not guarantee.

good luck!!

I'm currently in CA. I need help deciding whether to attend Touro or Temple. The dean at Touro sounded very confident that the school will receive its full accreditation once its first year pharm students graduate. On the other hand, Temple is already fully accredited. However, Touro is so close to home. I need some advice. Also, do you guys know if Touro allows its students to practice compounding? Thanks!

My friend goes to touro and she is now a p4 at the school. I have applied to the school several times but did not get in but that is because I was not a suitable candidate. I think Touro will get accredidation once the 1st class graduates so there is nothing to worry about there. You should compare the 2 schools to see which schools is more of a match for you. Think about the cost of attending Touro vs. Temple (keep in mind that you can save more money if you are able to stay at home), the curriculum, whether you would like the 2 yrs of rotations @ touro. Although I do not attend Touro, I think that Touro does a great job at teaching students based on the fact that Touro beat UCSF students on many occassions with the quiz bowls. My friend choose the compounding elective but it is not offered for next year..maybe it will be offer in future years. You should contact the school if you want to get more info. G'luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Touro has many programs other than the pharmacy program, even an accredited medical school. There is no reason why they will not get accredited. There is a reason why the dean is so confident in gaining acredidation...and its simply because they will get it.

If you guys could choose, would you go to Temple or Touro?

My friend goes to touro and she is now a p4 at the school. I have applied to the school several times but did not get in but that is because I was not a suitable candidate. I think Touro will get accredidation once the 1st class graduates so there is nothing to worry about there. You should compare the 2 schools to see which schools is more of a match for you. Think about the cost of attending Touro vs. Temple (keep in mind that you can save more money if you are able to stay at home), the curriculum, whether you would like the 2 yrs of rotations @ touro. Although I do not attend Touro, I think that Touro does a great job at teaching students based on the fact that Touro beat UCSF students on many occassions with the quiz bowls. My friend choose the compounding elective but it is not offered for next year..maybe it will be offer in future years. You should contact the school if you want to get more info. G'luck

Yes, we beat UCSf as well as other schools in Cali. I have no doubts that TCOP will get accredited next year. Everything is going smoothly with the program. The only thing the school needs to do is to expand its faculty office space and yes, they are working on that. They are kicking people out of the dorm this summer so they can transform it into office space. As for the OP's question, choose the school that best fits your needs. Good luck!

You are living in Cali so I think you should go to Touro and leave a spot at Temple for people who are on waitlist like me please ;)

Can anyone tell me when Touro is going to graduate its first class?

Thanks a bunch.

Touro's first graduating class will be the class of 2009.

A few years ago I had to choose between Touro and Temple as well and ended up choosing Touro even though I'm originally from the East Coast. So far I am very happy with my decision! Even though Temple was cheaper and more well established it is also in a dangerous part of the city and in a very cramped building IMO. Also it didn't help that the professor I had interviewing me was kinda mean to my group. Overall I heard the faculty at Temple is great though. So far I love it at Touro because the professors are great, our dean is incredible, I really like the 2+2 curriculum, and the school is very progressive. And also the weather is awesome, and the school is not far from San Francisco and Napa, two beautiful areas of the country.