mfcus

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2004
55
0
Status
Hello All,

I was waitlisted at Touro-MI and I am wondering what the chances are of moving off the medium wait list. I really liked the school and I am very interested in attending but there are three levels to the waitlist and I was wondering what that meant and if I have a chance. Any info of people moving off the list and where they where on the list would be appreciated.
 

bth7

It's worth it in the end . . .
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2004
1,119
2
Brooklyn, NY
en.wikipedia.org
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Hey,

Just curious . . . when did you interview? When were you notified? What did Dr. Haight say about waitlists and how many seats were available at your interview?

Good luck. I think your chances are very good. There's many monthes left before the beginning of school.
 
OP
M

mfcus

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2004
55
0
Status
bth7 said:
Hey,

Just curious . . . when did you interview? When were you notified? What did Dr. Haight say about waitlists and how many seats were available at your interview?

Good luck. I think your chances are very good. There's many monthes left before the beginning of school.
I interviewed in early february and just found out today that I was waitlisted. At the interview he said that we had just made it under the cutoff line where they are going to have to reject people due to spaces available. I don't remember too much about what the details where about how the waitlist works but I know that Dr. Haight does not like them because they seemed cruel and unusual and I have to say I agree!! I am on other waitlists but if I had gotten in today the journey would have been over (or starting) because I loved Touro. The curriculum was increadibly appealing to me, the students seemed laid back, nice and supportive and I felt the area and the people in the area where great. So, I am definetly a little down about the situation eventhough I am trying to stay upbeat.
 

heech

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2004
335
0
Status
Keep your head up! I agree with bth7, your odds look really good considering that you must've *just* nicked the edge between a straight "admit" and a wait-list decision. I think its safe to say the vast majority (if not all) of TUCOM-MI interviewees from here on out will be interviewing for a wait-list spot... *behind* you. Considering we're not even in March yet, thats' a great sign.

TUCOM's a great school, but if we're realistic, we have to accept that many of those already accepted are probably also hoping for acceptance to other schools (quite possibly alleopathic ones). I really feel strongly you're in great shape for Touro!
 

aphasia

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2005
79
0
S L T, CA
Status
mfcus said:
I interviewed in early february and just found out today that I was waitlisted. At the interview he said that we had just made it under the cutoff line where they are going to have to reject people due to spaces available. I don't remember too much about what the details where about how the waitlist works but I know that Dr. Haight does not like them because they seemed cruel and unusual and I have to say I agree!! I am on other waitlists but if I had gotten in today the journey would have been over (or starting) because I loved Touro. The curriculum was increadibly appealing to me, the students seemed laid back, nice and supportive and I felt the area and the people in the area where great. So, I am definetly a little down about the situation eventhough I am trying to stay upbeat.
Heya,

I just have to tell you that if you have anything else to send in to the admissions committee, you should. Stay in touch w/the school about your position on the waitlist, too. I interviewed late last year, was put on the High alternate waitlist and didn't get pulled, where I read someone on the medium waitlist got pulled in August. He probably did things to update his app. Anyways, it's only February and your chances are probably good!
Chin up! :)
 

lktm831

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2005
58
0
Status
so does that mean everyone interviewing now will only be able to get on the waitlist? if even that?

my app got completed late b/c the secondary got lost in the mail and it wasn't until i called to ask that i found out (which a week and a half ago) so my app wasnt even complete until 3/10 and now i have an interview for 4/19 which is uber late. :scared:
 

MasterShakeDO

The Drizzle
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2005
213
4
Southern Cal
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I interviewed on March 1st and got straight accepted and other students from the interview I've kept in touch with had been waitlisted and are now accepted already so it's possible. There may not be as much leeway come 4/19 but it's definitely worth a shot. Dr. Haight said he doesn't believe in just interviewing for waitlisters. mfcus, hope you've heard good news since!!!
 

cardiotonic

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2003
210
0
39
St. Louis
Visit site
Status
lktm831 said:
so does that mean everyone interviewing now will only be able to get on the waitlist? if even that?

my app got completed late b/c the secondary got lost in the mail and it wasn't until i called to ask that i found out (which a week and a half ago) so my app wasnt even complete until 3/10 and now i have an interview for 4/19 which is uber late. :scared:
Even if you do interview late, you still have a chance. I interviewed for TU-Nevada on May 17th (for the Class of 2008) and ended up with an acceptance into the Class of 2009. It wasn't an acceptance into the Class of 08, but it wasn't a rejection either, and I have enjoyed every minute of my time off. Hope this helps. :luck: